Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V8 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question V8 swap question

Can you swap a V8 from a 95 Z28 into a 95 Base (3.4 V6) camaro without making a lot of alterations? Or will it have to be heavily modified to fit?
Old 10-01-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kickinkustoms
Can you swap a V8 from a 95 Z28 into a 95 Base (3.4 V6) camaro without making a lot of alterations? Or will it have to be heavily modified to fit?
if your asking this question.. you probably don't have enough know how to pull it off. You would have to switch everything..tranny, wiring...ect then you would have to get soem of the wiring that works for the v6, but not the 8 to work. gauge cluster...ect. Its probably not a hard thing..just a time consuming and tedious.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did alot of research about this also. I found unless your looking into this as a side project it would be cheaper and easier to just buy something with an LS1 already in it.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the input both of you. I have the know how. I also have to change out the rear end to hold the power and the other things you mentioned. I just have never done a swap from a V6 to a V8 so I didn't know whether or not I would have to change out the motor mounts or if it would even fit into the engine bay without altering the frame. But again thank you all for the replies.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kickinkustoms
Thanks for the input both of you. I have the know how. I also have to change out the rear end to hold the power and the other things you mentioned. I just have never done a swap from a V6 to a V8 so I didn't know whether or not I would have to change out the motor mounts or if it would even fit into the engine bay without altering the frame. But again thank you all for the replies.

you don't HAVE to change out the rear. all fbodys had the same rear, the v6 ones weren't posi though...a small number were.