Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must do mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must do mods?

what would you all consider must do mods to your cars? specifally camaros. I was thinking headers and cat-back with a cut-out to start with. i also was thinking about a couple apearance mods. possibly clear corners and some different head lights. i'm pretty new to the modding game but i need to put my car away for winter and am looking for some recomendations on what you recomend. i'm going to go crazy if i don't get to toy with my car some.
Old 10-08-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well your whole car , hmmm bolt ons are a must do, and you dont need to do a cutout with a catback....halos are nice with rims and tint for a catfish
Old 10-08-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

get a lid
Old 10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Launching!

I already have a lid, i forgot to mention that. and i just realized i posted this in two places. i was having some computer trouble tonight and it didn't post the first time (or so i thought).
Old 10-08-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

no problem
if you are going to be seeing too much track time, invest in a new rear end, especially if youre in a m6
Old 10-08-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the only mods i feel are a "must do" would be a lid and a catback, as a lid is simple and should have come like that from the factory and a catback is necessary because our cars were made to make noise. they're real cars. they weren't made to be quiet like a civic.

anything else is up to you. some lighter mods are cold air/ram air intakes, intake manifold swap, ported throttle body, headers...while i feel these are good mods, they are not necessary mods. they are more in depth and they require you physically alterating the car. headers require ripping your manifolds off and relocating cats. ported throttle body requires grinding and altering a part. intake manifolds require an in-depth install/modification. cold air/ram air kits are frowned upon by some because of the risk of water in your intake, not to mention you have to cut up parts of your car.

any other mods start getting more hardcore.

again, the only mods i consider "necessary" are a lid and a catback. anything else requires part alteration.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Banned

forced induction is a must do mod... eventually. ~Joshua

to start with I'd get a cam, pulley right off the bat, then headers and tune it all. Lower the car a bit and get some chrome zr1's.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Lid, intake manifold (if an older car), ported TB, headers, catback, camshaft, all suspension parts. That's where I'm at and it feels like a good spot. Should of come from the factory that way.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

start slow. get all your boltons first. lid,catback,pullies,gears,TC if your an a4.LTs ect.

then go with a cam,heads then nitrous.

as far as appearance i like chrome zr1s or z06 rims.

Quick Reply: Must do mods?