Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want a ls1

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want a ls1

Ill try to make this short. In 2002 when i bought my first car i was deprived by my families dodge lineage. I got a 98 2 dr neon with the auto. 18.79 @ 76 mph. F'n slow.

4 nights ago i rode in a camaro ls1, 13.5 with me rididng shotgun and ls6 intake, hooker headers, borla exhaust, it was a 1998 z28 m6.

So in april or may i will be buying my first camaro (98-2002 ls1 w/m6)

I want to do the slp 350 hp package, get a used ls6 intake manifold, and do headers. How are the jet hot headers? if not than i will probably do the hooker headers (longtube of course).

I am also going to get the slp tuner module and i would like to run 100 shot of juice.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And even though i am a kid i can drive ( i didnt say i was the best, but i did learn stick in a viper (thank you dodge)) , im not going to be a jackass and ruin this car.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

well it sounds to me like you've done some homework on f-bodies.. just spend whatever time you have between now and the time you get your ls1 learning up here on the forums... welcome to the site!
Old 10-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

Say before and Ill say it 1000 more times. Awesome choice in a car bro. First off you wanna open up your intake and exhaust. Then finish up with the rest of the bolt ons. Read up on that and understand what bolt ons are. There is a lot to learn on this site. Good luck in getting your f body.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:28 AM
On The Tree

I know engines in general, i am just new to the ls1, my local car club camaro and bird owners are gonna help me with some of their research. I am probably getting the a4 as i have a son and a fiancee who will probably have to move the car once in a while and i will be using it for street/strip.

For year 1 of the project i would like to do intake, headers, cai, exhaust, diablo tuner, and maybe a nex wet kit for 125 shot. All work will be done by me and a few friends. Any concerns and i will just bug my dad or one of his co-workers cause he teaches auto.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by like the view?
Any concerns and i will just bug my dad or one of his co-workers cause he teaches auto.
hahaha

fyi- 98-00 cars came with the ls1 intake
- 01-02 came with the ls6
Old 10-10-2006, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

i knew that, i will probably get the 98 just cause its a little cheaper for me on insurance. I know i am young and well my driving record isnt perfect. 6 points on my liscence, 5 speeding tickets in two years * my last one was right b4 my 18th bday, and a few non moving violations, muffler tickets, noise violations etc...
Old 10-10-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks like you have to learn you cant speed everywhere. you have to know when the right time to get on it is, and dont race any joe blow that pulls up beside you that will only get you in a wreck or just another stupid ticket. But you are heading the right way with mods but make sure that you can get the air in and get it back out. so get a lid and filter and maybe a aftermarket MAF, and then go to the headers and exaust with ORY, or just get true duals and be done with it. Then go to cam. but after all these mods you will start needing to do some drivetrain mods.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

yeah for drivetrain, which i will probably do next winter (jan 2008) i want a 12 bolt rear end and i will probably rebuild the transmission.

And for my defense only one of the tickets was during day time and off of a highway. Another was a ******* pre-written ticket that the cop let the guy go, crossed off some info and wrote mine above it. the other three were at night time after midnight with no traffic, hanging out with some of my highschool buddies. Damn bad influences.