Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 1999 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 1999 Trans Am

i just got a 1999 trans am 6 speed with 58000 miles for 7500$... it was stock cept a k&n filter... i got the windows tinted and a magnaflow catback put on as a start i was wondering what i should be doing first performance wise... if u could point me in the "right" direction that would be nice thanks -mike

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\2WiRe\My Documents\IMG_0543.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
On The Tree

http://myspace-358.vo.llnwd.net/0126...62838358_l.jpg thats a side pic of my car my dads got the rest on his digital cam
Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

good looking car man. read the stickies under the threads. they will help you the most. plus we need more info. what are your plans for the car?? is it a street car, drag car, daily driver? how much do you want to spend? most guys do full bolt-ons, which is long tube headers, ory pipe or catted y pipe, lid, ported throttle body, ls6 intake, gears, short throw shifter, cut-out, and your going to need a tune. best bet is find out what the emisions are for your area and go from there. after that, there is always suspension, brakes, rear end, nitrous, head cam, cam only, forced induction, etc. there are many different things you can do. just poke around and read up, you will get the hang of things. dont be affraid to ask questions, just make sure you read the stickies first, and make sure your questions are some what specific. good luck and happy modding.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

personaly, id do full bolt-ons, medium cam, and some spray. that would get you almost 500hp with the right jettings. dont forget tires, and extra $$ for when you break stuff. and you will break stuff.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a pretty good deal. What are your plans for the car power wise?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

ya i want to make as much hp as i can but i dont want it to be just a drag car... i would like to keep it more of a daily driver.. i was thinkin full bolt ons and a decent cam maybe some spray like james said.. i was just wonderin where to start n the order... this guy said i shouldnt use a hypertech tuner if i was thinkin of heads or cam to use a HP TUNER it gives you full control over your car instead of just +-10% or something like that

btw yesterday i raced a evo from about a 40 roll it was even the whole way n he let off right after i shifted to 3rd we were on a kinda cop patrolled road so we didnt get too crazy ya kno but i was suprised he didnt beat me it looked like it was modded... obviously not too heavily
Old 10-12-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

that'd go for about $3-4K more here... assuming no previous damage. wow, you people don't realize how lucky you are.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

haha yea i do i kelly blue booked it and its worth 10k.. it was just a guy down the street from me who didnt have room in his driveway cause he just got a 350z... but yea i do realize how lucky i am. ive been driving a 5 speed 1988 nissan sentra for the past 10 months sooooo ya i kno what its like on the other end
Old 10-12-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Junkie

WOW!!! Sweet deal on the car. Start with the basic free mods, lid, cat back, then I'd move on to some Long tube headers. Underdrive pulley's help. If you are going to cam it, then I'd skip the LS6 manifold and get an LSX, but I'd put them on at the same time. Do some suspension work and 4.10's, get a 12 bolt and some stickier tires and you are set to run solid high 11's, to even mid 11's if you get a good suspension and traction and depending on the cam. Nitrous would get you even faster, and you'd still be able to DD the car, granted you don't get a cam too large.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

you can get a 350 hp package for 725 dollars plus shipping on summit racing. It has: * High-flow air-box lid
* Cold-air induction package
* High-flow K&N air filter
* F-Body smooth bellows
* Modular loud mouth exhaust system with tips
* 350 HP fender badges, OEM quality, pair

Go on ebay it all depends on what you want to spend.

The quickest power would be nos. NEX makes a wet kit for like 500 shipping included on ebay or 550 on online store.

get a used ls6 intake manifold or a weiland ls1 manifold. If you have more money do a fast 90 manifold with a 90mm throttle body.

Headers, get long tube, jet hot, hooker.

Y pipe, pace setter off road y pipe is like 120 on ebay i dont know what it retails though.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
that'd go for about $3-4K more here... assuming no previous damage. wow, you people don't realize how lucky you are.
He most certainly is lucky. It's tricky to find one under 12k here. Most of the the time they're from 13-18k depending on the year