Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Evo 9

Ok I have an aquantance with a LT1 Z28 with LT's, and a intake. he thinks his car can smoke a basically stock LS1. He also says a Evo9 stock for stock can take a LS1. I don't know much about Evo 9's, but this guy talks so much **** about how his LT1 can smoke me. He's actually pissing me off and I'm thinking about beating his *** after I race him win or lose Anyway what are EVO 9's putting out? Are they really a lot faster than EVO 8's? Let me know because I want to handle this ASAP
Old 11-05-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

my mods are GMMG, lid, k&n filter, FTRA, P&P TB, LS6 intake and prokit springs.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i believe an evo 9 does 13.5 ish for the mr edition in the quarter. And you should take either car if you dont screw up.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:20 PM
12 Second Club

race one and find out....bench racing settles nothing, but dont kill yourself over some pissing matching. if i raced everyone that said their car was faster id surely be dead by now.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

I have heard of stock Evo 9's running 12.9's
Old 11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

they have like 300 HP, their quick but not fast, should be good for low 13's in the 1/4 the key would be having a driver that CAN drive, with AWD the reason their times are so low is that they get crazy 60 ft times, so it might hang with you at the track but goin from a roll you should beat it by quite a bit
Old 11-05-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

like the guy above me said...its all about the driver with teh evo. My friend has one...they're quick, but if you can't drive..i.e. launch, shift quickly...ect. The only majoy changes migth add 10hp from the 8 to the 9. One side note though...if the evo has anything done to it, it can be made very very fast on stock turbo and stock ic. so stock for stock..ITS A DRIVER'S RACE! plain and simple anybody tells you different is just wrong.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

run em...youll kill the lt1 if you can drive, and you should take an evo if its stock...
Old 11-05-2006, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

You would kill both those cars if you can half *** drive your car ,especially the LT1!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

The guy with the LT1 talks MAJOR ****! He also said he's getting a license plate thats gonna say some **** like LS1gotraped....of course that won't all fit, but you know what I mean. He also has an excuse as to why I was dead even with his friends 04 vert cobra with intake and exhaust. He said his friend started in 2nd while I was in 1st at 30mph. I said BULLSHIT!! If it was like that I would of got a real good jump on his friends cobra. Anyway me and him are planning to race from a roll and dig.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:59 PM
Launching!

Agree with the bench racing comment.

But the facts:

IXs are faster than VIIIs. They have variable valve timing and some revisions on the hot side of the turbo and manifold that make a significant difference.

Your car still has more power to the wheels.

The LT1 is out classed most likely in terms of equal drivers. He might hang with or beat the IX from a roll with the LTs.

Overall it should be some pretty good racin'.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just tell the guy with the LT1 to run his car and not his mouth. And if he keeps talkin AJ whoop his ***! and then he wont be sayin much.

But i know you can drive so you should beat both cars.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Just tell the guy with the LT1 to run his car and not his mouth. And if he keeps talkin AJ whoop his ***! and then he wont be sayin much.

But i know you can drive so you should beat both cars.
I'm not literally going to beat his ***, BUT he gets me that pissed to do it at that moment...IF he said it in my face though....All his **** talkin is through AIM. Anyway I'll just shut him up by racing him and his friends. The funny thing is one night we went out to the races. While we were on the freeway he lines it up with me and I honk it off. We were at 70mph and when we took off he hung for about 2-3 good seconds and I started to pull on him. Then he says "I didn't down shift" I'm like "OK that's not my fault!..chalk up the loss anyway"
Old 11-06-2006, 02:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
I'm not literally going to beat his ***, BUT he gets me that pissed to do it at that moment...IF he said it in my face though....All his **** talkin is through AIM. Anyway I'll just shut him up by racing him and his friends. The funny thing is one night we went out to the races. While we were on the freeway he lines it up with me and I honk it off. We were at 70mph and when we took off he hung for about 2-3 good seconds and I started to pull on him. Then he says "I didn't down shift" I'm like "OK that's not my fault!..chalk up the loss anyway"
Talking **** on AIM....thats Just beat him and get it over with. If i was at home we could hop on the freeway and show em how its done!
Old 11-06-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Talking **** on AIM....thats Just beat him and get it over with. If i was at home we could hop on the freeway and show em how its done!
FOREAL though!!! When you come out here again I want you to call your boy with the mystic cobra too. We'll all go down there and race his friends
Old 11-06-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
FOREAL though!!! When you come out here again I want you to call your boy with the mystic cobra too. We'll all go down there and race his friends
That sounds good to me. My friend with the cobra might put his car away for the winter because he's adding some more mods. But if its still in one piece im sure he'll go