Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to tell RPM limit/redline?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default How to tell RPM limit/redline?

No after market parts come with a RPM limit, so how will i get a range w/o blowing my engine? I know how to get a range or power limits, but RPM i have no clue about. Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
No after market parts come with a RPM limit, so how will i get a range w/o blowing my engine? I know how to get a range or power limits, but RPM i have no clue about. Any ideas?
I'm not sure what your asking because a aftermarket cam that is good from say, 2k rpms to 7krpms isn't going to make your bottom end stronger.

so are you asking what is the engine good fro stock? or what is a built engine good too?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Well i am 17, and i own a 2000 TA w/ 12,*** miles on it, and i have read many books, and i reserched lots but RPM is one think they dont talk about.
So what i am asking is that when i get a forged engine internal parts, what kinds or RPMs am i looking at? (parts: cam, crank, pistons, rods, heads, etc.) I just dont wanna blow the motor because i had and have many karting engines, and i usually end up blowing them...
Old 11-13-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Well i am 17, and i own a 2000 TA w/ 12,*** miles on it, and i have read many books, and i reserched lots but RPM is one think they dont talk about.
So what i am asking is that when i get a forged engine internal parts, what kinds or RPMs am i looking at? (parts: cam, crank, pistons, rods, heads, etc.) I just dont wanna blow the motor because i had and have many karting engines, and i usually end up blowing them...
well, typically a forged engine will rev to what you need to because these aren't peaky motors. Most streetable cams don't produce power over 7k. These cars aren't like the lil honda k series that ask 10rpms to make decent power. Basically, you won't need to rev the **** out of a built lsx to make decent power.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

most guys make there power around 6500 rpms...well most of the guys i know....give or take a few hundred rpms.....shift points are very low on a stock car...5500-5700 rpms....you also wont have a transmission long running that high of a rpm, if its going to stay stock
Old 11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Forged rotating assemblies can go deep into the 7k's. You really don't need to send them to the moon if a well thought out motor is put together.

Quick Reply: How to tell RPM limit/redline?