Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warrenty Question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Warrenty Question???

Hi I am planning to do some exhaust/intake work on my car and was wondering if it will effect my warrenty, I am just gonna add some headers and an electronic cutout and a SLP lid. will it effect my full coverage carmax warrenty.

Also I was wondering if KOOKS headers are good (money is not a problem) I heard SLP are to low and Pacesetters, to many people settle for cause there cheep. I was just wondering which is the best headers.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The warranty depends, they can overlook it or they can be dicks about it. I know people who had warranty's that went in for work and the places didnt care and fixed the problem no questions asked and other places told them no b/c of the mods they did to the car. As for headers, SLP's do hang very low, Pacestter's are good and cheaper and Kooks are excellent headers(fitment, quality, and they're stanliess)so if money is no object I would go with the Kooks.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

non manufacturer warranties seem to more of a PITA when it comes to paying.

but KOOKS are very good. i have them.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the shaft from an aftermarket warranty co. I bought the T/A with an aftermarket warranty from a used car dealer. It had the SLP loudmouth installed by the previous owner. When the M6 died, the warranty company sent an adjustor to the repair shop. He took some pics of the car and parts. Then he came back two days later for more pics. The @SSES then denied my claim and cancelled my warranty because "The car was modified from factory specs". What a bunch of

I filed a report with the BBB. That is getting me nowhere

Maybe I'll talk to my lawyer next...