Sponsored by:

93-97 Fbody Q

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow 93-97 Fbody Q

Alright guys...

As some may know I had my last bird (my 97) hit by a granny and totalled...anywho I just picked up my new car yesterday, a 96 6spd formy with t-tops...good god am I liking stick way the hell over my A4...ANYWHO...

Quick question... anyone know how to make it so that my headlights dont pop up when I put on my PARKING lights? (so just the front yellow running lights, back marker lights and tailights are on and the headlights are still DOWN) my last bird didnt do it, but I dont know if they changed that from 96-97 or something....beats me...Its just driving me absolutely insane

Thanks fellas!

**EDIT**

Also, my front left headlight motor makes noise when I turn the lights off and they are closed...for about 6 seconds it sounds like gears are clanging together but the gears and motor are perfectly fine...To me, it seems like the car doesnt know when to shut the headlight motor off when they're totally in the down position...does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited by phrozen755; 01-07-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phrozen755
**EDIT**

Also, my front left headlight motor makes noise when I turn the lights off and they are closed...for about 6 seconds it sounds like gears are clanging together but the gears and motor are perfectly fine...To me, it seems like the car doesnt know when to shut the headlight motor off when they're totally in the down position...does anyone know how to fix this?
The reason your headlights are coming on when you have the parking light on is b/c the gear in one of your headlights is worn away, even though your headlights will go up and down the gear inside the headlight motor is worn off and will grind. So if you replace the gear with a brass one both of your problems will be solved. I went through the same thing with my 94 T/A.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerseyLS1TA
The reason your headlights are coming on when you have the parking light on is b/c the gear in one of your headlights is worn away, even though your headlights will go up and down the gear inside the headlight motor is worn off and will grind. So if you replace the gear with a brass one both of your problems will be solved. I went through the same thing with my 94 T/A.
so the lights go up and dont turn on when the gear's blown??? so I can put that sucker in P and the headlights wont go up after I fix that headlight motor, correct? I mean, the headlight SHOOTS up too, both at the same time...not slowing down, but sheesh that sucks!

Anyone know of a headlight motor gear rebuilt kit / installation tut?
Old 01-08-2007, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you google 93-97 firebird headlight fix it will take you where you wanna go.

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/headlightfix/index.htm

search is your friend.