Old 01-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T-Top Question

Are all '93-'02 t-tops interchangeable?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Launching!

Don't quote me on this but they should be since the most of the body changes were the f-body were front, and rear end cosmetics. I would call a dealer or body shop to make sure.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Teching In

I had a 95 Z and I put a 99 TA T-Top on it with no problem... My buddy forgot to latch his side and needless to say, it flew off going about 110 on the freeway. Scary moment watching it in the rear view mirror barely miss hitting two cars. Anyway, I just grabbed the latch assembly and took my lock out and switched it with the new T-Top, easy stuff. From what I've heard they're all the same.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

That's the same reason I need a new one, even after I told myself not to forget to latch it.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Yeah, funny thing is, mine had no warning... It was just a "whoosh" and bright light coming in from the top and I looked back like "No ******* way that just happened". Oh well you live and you learn, I picked mine up for like $90 at a junk yard-my buddy ended up paying me back too
Old 01-21-2007, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They do interchange, but the tint/glass is different between some of the years (97 and down and 98 and up sticks in my head, but don't quote me on that). You could get one that doesn't match, but does fit the car is what I'm trying to say.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

93-94 were Dot Matrix Style Tint (lots of little dots instead of just plain dark tinted glass), all the other years were the dark tinted glass. They all fit on all years though, just those two years were different style tint on the glass.

I have a Dot Matrix Style Passenger T-Top if anyone wants one, as I know they are harder to find being they only made them two years. It is taking up room at my house and I would Like to sell it.

Hope that helps
Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else not ever lock theirs?

That's a nice lt1 camaro you've got there younggun
Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
93-94 were Dot Matrix Style Tint (lots of little dots instead of just plain dark tinted glass), all the other years were the dark tinted glass. They all fit on all years though, just those two years were different style tint on the glass.

I have a Dot Matrix Style Passenger T-Top if anyone wants one, as I know they are harder to find being they only made them two years. It is taking up room at my house and I would Like to sell it.

Hope that helps
I have a passenger side Dot Matrix spare as well. I used it as a temp when my original T top decided to fly. IMO it didnt fit real well because it leaked alot. When I got my new one (off a 00') leak stopped.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T-Top Question