Sponsored by:

93 Lt1

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Lt1

stuffed into a Camaro skin..........

what are the things to that need to be removed to tune this pup? spark plugs, plug wires, dist cap(is easy enough).
Discovered pretty heavy oil leak either from the Dist or the timing chain cover or both...?????
left side looks like you can get to??? but the right side looks like I have to remove the exhaust,starter, and A/C to get to them??? HOW correct am I?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

i done one lt1 tune up.i removed the starter loosened y pipe got to everything ok but not easy.ive seen others unbolt motor mounts and jack up motor.you can also remove the ac compressor to get to the right side.hope this helps
Old 02-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Teching In

cool thanks for the response......exactly what I was "fraid' of......

welp either that or 800.00 and the shame of not doing it myself.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Addict

Do NOT waste the money paying someone else to do it. Just fight it. You WILL win, its just a pain in the ***. The first time I ever did an LT1s plugs I think it took me an afternoon. I could do them in under an hour now...and I've never removed anything to do them. I bought one of the plug tools (Cut down socket) but it didnt end up helping that much. Bottom line, its not fun, but you can do it.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Teching In

Okay....I need some support here....there is a pretty good miss....so I'm confused on whether the water pump is leaking or not....if it IS ....it's a SMALL drip. SO, if it is .....does this ruin the opti spark or just the cap.....

now for the second issue. OIL LEAK in the front, one guy says it could be the o ring on the timing chain cover at the distributor. One supplier actually has a Z and says DO not attempt to change the timing chain cover due to screwing up the oil pan gasket and "silicone sealer" or it will leak worse forever....need help I'm already running out of day light on this project.