New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A very ignorant question~!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A very ignorant question~!!!!!!

After thinking for a little bit and doing a little search i came upon a question.

What exactly does tuning consist of , Timing and AF ratio ?

Is this all or what ? Shift points maybe ?

Any help would be great,
Old 02-07-2007, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by oakleyman
After thinking for a little bit and doing a little search i came upon a question.

What exactly does tuning consist of , Timing and AF ratio ?

Is this all or what ? Shift points maybe ?

Any help would be great,
Tuning involves anything you want that your computer controls. Deleting trouble codes, emissions stuff, timing, A/F ratio, shift points, you name it. And tuning IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING when building a fast car. Don't let anyone else tell you different. Find a good tuner in your area by asking around. Tuning isn't cheap, but neither is your motor.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kjmdrumz3
Tuning involves anything you want that your computer controls. Deleting trouble codes, emissions stuff, timing, A/F ratio, shift points, you name it. And tuning IS THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING when building a fast car. Don't let anyone else tell you different. Find a good tuner in your area by asking around. Tuning isn't cheap, but neither is your motor.
+1 i would highly recommend this to anyone with a few simple bolt-ons. plus, if the tuner is any good, he wont charge for "up-dates" when you put other simple things on
Old 02-08-2007, 04:12 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Z28LS1
+1 i would highly recommend this to anyone with a few simple bolt-ons. plus, if the tuner is any good, he wont charge for "up-dates" when you put other simple things on
And they will not lock out the tune either. That pisses me off when semi-okay tuners do that crap. Everyone in DFW knows who I am talking about.

Search this Thread