Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little input please

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little input please

Alright this may be a stupid question but here goes.

I will be purchasing a car soon within a few months, Ive been planning on getting an Ls1 for the past year but recently have thought differently.

It doesnt really make much sense to me to buy the ls1 considering it is much more expensive than the lt1 ( from what ive seen) if my plans are to buy a h/c package within the first month of the purchase, spray for sure , and possibly s/c.

It seems somewhat stupid to buy an ls1 for more money than an LT1 if i plan on replacing several main items of the engine, driveline, etc.

Also correct if im wrong please, wouldnt an iron block be much stronger & able to handle nitrous better than an aluminum block.

------- i know its alot but thanks for any help in advance-----
Old 02-21-2007, 08:37 AM
TECH Veteran

iron block will always be a stronger block because of the dense metal material it is made of.

however, the LS1 is not a standard 4 bolt main like the LT1, its is a 6 bolt main and is stonger than the LT1.

People spray the LS1 with 150-200 shots of nitrous all day long and no problems.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

All depends what you want, a LS1 Fbody will be newer and look different and be arguably better in other ways.

Also the Ls1 responds better to mods to a certain point. So chances are would make more HP than the LT1.

As for stength well LS1 blocks have been proven at 1000rwhp so how much power are you planning.

Nitrous may be a different story and if memory serves LS1's are generally good for 250 shot (mod depending) where as a LT1 in the right build can handle more, but this is down to the heads (how they bolt on) more than anything.

Check out the FI forum and see what guys reckon there. Any ideas what kind of blower you where thinking of?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Thanks alot ,

i understand what a four bolt main is etc.
something i have wondered for a little time is , can you change a 4 bolt cap to a 6 bolt to attain more strength?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

ha ha go buy your lt1 do your boltons and get your *** handed to you by a bone stock ls1.get the ls1 its faster more reliable and looks better. they arent that much more to buy

Quick Reply: A little input please