Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rattleing in my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattleing in my exhaust

ok...i have a borla, its open. when i sit at ide it rattle like vibrates hard every few seconds. when i shift it sounds like im tryn to start a lawnmower but its just not cutting on (the ride side as well)...now sense we put my long tube headers and ORY in, it sounded like it clinking in the front. any 1 have any idea...its def a metalic sounding noise, i havnt deleted my codes yet from where i took the air and egr off if thats any at all...thanks guy!! any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

loose 02 sensors.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Resident

mine does the same, it drives me nuts and makes my car sound like it falling apart. im just gonna buy another brand.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Resident

my car does it too, ive just been too lazy to get under there and see what it is. I read that sometimes theres problems with aftermarket exhaust hitting the tunnel brace.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

i have borla exhaust too, the same rattle was coming from my flange and the three bolts connecting the two pipes you might want to check that part out. i found out the welding wasn't letting the three bolts sit flush on the flange which was causing a bad rattle when i was getting from 1st to 2nd.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Launching!

thanks guys, i will def check into it. i am looking for another exhaust actually. some 1 on here made a cheap(er) set up..that sounds badass apparently, im getn a sound clip this weekend...its a magnaflow with a flowmaster y-connector...apparently turns alot of heads in the cobra community..we shall see, if not, im just gona get a corsa
Old 02-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Launching!

its def the ypipe...guess i need to tighten up? i was sitn at idle, with the doors open and taped the gas..o yea, she raddles hard..i could almost feel it under me...i know a band clamp was getn rusty where the ypipe met the cat back...but i dunno if thats it
Old 02-23-2007, 05:57 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

The band clamps get loose easy. Best mod, WELD THEM ALL UP. But not the y-pipe to i-pipe, leave that a clamp to easy remove it all.

The up and over the axle part can be hitting the body of the car, and a very common rattle on Borla is it hitting the gas tank heat sheild.

Try all the clamps first, make sure they are all tight.

Peace,
Craig.