Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

odd noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd noise

I have a realy strange sound that can only be heard on the highway and under WOT, hauling ***. it sounds like there is a bunch of stuff flying around in my HVAC system.? lol, im not too concerned w/ it. just wanted to know if any other f-body (particularly ws.6 owners) owners have ever had that problem. it stops as soon as i let off. doesnt sound like its engine noise, un less valve float makes a sound?

corey
Old 03-15-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Veteran

does it sound like a rattle/grind sound and only under WOT?

Sounds too me like detonation.

Denotation is caused by carbon deposits that are present in the combustion chamber that get hot and eventually turn into glowing lil coals and can pre ignite your fuel causing serious harm to your motor.

You can get rid of it with a couple of sea foam treatments(2-3 treatments)

Look up ChocoTaco's seafoam write up, it will explain the process, and its very simple to do but involves ALOT of smoke out of the exhaust

Also valve float doesnt really make a sound, unless you count pegging the rev limiter
Old 03-15-2007, 06:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol ya ive read the sea foam write up. i dont think its detonation. it def doesnt sound like that. its not a metalic noise. it sounds like if you had some crap in your HVAC box and you turned the blower on high..... ya got me. i guess will know for sure if somthing blows up lol. i only have a few months left of waranty so i better get working on it

corey
Old 03-15-2007, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If its still under warranty take it to where you got it and ask them what the noise is, go from there.