Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with stalling and starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with stalling and starting

I have a 95 firebird formula with the lt1 and 6spd. I recently acquired the vehicle and I am having some problems with it. I'm not the most mechanically inclined person which may be making this more difficult than it is. The previous owner was having problems with the distributor and replaced it just before I bought it. I had problems with the vehicle stalling yesterday. This happened while I was in neutral rolling up to a stop. The vehicle started after 3-4 tries and I drove it home. I took the car back out last night to check how it was running and the car died before I could get out of my driveway. This time it would not restart. I hauled the car back up to my house and before parking it I tried starting it back up again and it did this time on the first try. I then parked the car for the night. I went out today to try and start it and it would not. The ignition and all is able to turn over when turning the key but it doesn't seem to be able to get any spark. What could be causing this problem? Could the Distributor be bad again? The car would turn over but not catch any spark. Any info or ideas would be helpful. Thanks

PS. It has been raining the last couple days so this may be a factor.