Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feels like a misfire..kinda sluggish, not a cylinder prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feels like a misfire..kinda sluggish, not a cylinder prob

So i took my car to autozone to get it scanned, the guy said it was some sensor that didnt mix the exhaust and some other stuff correctly, causing it to feel like its bogging down. he also said it causes your fuel efficiency to go down the drain and i need to take it to a shop since it isnt a do-it-yourselfer

Does anyone know what sensor im talking about and how long they usually take to replace?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

did your engine light come on? if it did and you had the code (number) i could help you out. if it had to do with exhaust it was probably an o2 sensor. but by the way you said everything its hard to help
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

EGR? Some more information might be useful... Is this an LS1? What's the cars history and mods? Error code number? How many miles on the car? Are you sure it's not an actual misfire?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
On The Tree

Engine light came on, 98 firebird v6 no mods or anything like that. I was thinking it was the EGR also since the light for that came on about 2 months ago but went back off,but the scan said it was some sort sensor. I cant recall the code . The car has about 106k miles and i dont think its a misfire,it just sort of shakes lightly when i accelerate

I want to clean the EGR valve but i have no clue where its located