Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

alarm problem please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm problem please help!!

ok when i lock my doors with the key fob or the door lock button my horn churps twice like it is supostu to tell me the alarm is set. but about 10 secons later it blows the horn 2 twice with the lights flashing like the alarm is going off but it only dose it twice. it started on its own last night sitting in the driveway locked it blew the horn twice then quit then ever sence when i lock the car it gives me the chirp, chirp,..............HONK HONK!!! i checked the doors and hatch they are closed and tryed locking and unlocking it numerous times. any help??!?!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

slounds like a bcm problem to me. body control module it baisicly controls all functions of the car the pcm dont like the keyless entry. maybe your keyless remote is out of synchranzation with the module or the shock sensor back by the spare tire could be failing
Old 04-15-2007, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000badbird
slounds like a bcm problem to me. body control module it baisicly controls all functions of the car the pcm dont like the keyless entry. maybe your keyless remote is out of synchranzation with the module or the shock sensor back by the spare tire could be failing
+1 had to have my shock sensor replaced every time a bird would fart mine went off
Old 04-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys i am pretty sure it is the sensor i appreciate the quick respense time
Old 04-15-2007, 12:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd try turning the sensitivity down first, if it still does it unplug the shock sensor and see if it stops.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

The two shock sensors I toasted developed corrosion on the chip inside them. That'd be the first thing I'd check.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the EXACT same problem. Every now and then, my alarm will completely go off, instead of just the two loud HONKS after the chirp chirp. Mines done it even since i bought the car over a year ago. PLEASE update this thread if you get it firgured out. I mostly manually lock my doors now, just to not have to hear the annoying HONKS. **** drives me CRAZY