New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's+Duals+Lowering springs?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT's,Duals+Lowering springs?

what combos will not scrape stuff and have horrible ground clearance? I want a nice drop but dont know how far the exhaust stuff would hang down

Also, what muffler, with lt's, catless exhaust will have a nice rumble, but not be raspy or nasty or too loud? I dont want the car to be TOO loud.

Thanks again!

Last edited by PhantomR/T; 08-18-2007 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:45 AM
TECH Resident

umm.. i have a daily driver with soon to have all 3 of those. with a 3200 torque converter. and she drives fine....

those mods you posted above are what almost 75% of what people have on their DDs here lol
Old 08-18-2007, 01:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
what combos will still allow daily driverability (if thats actually a word) that will allow all 3 of these? Thanks! Also, what muffler, with lt's, catless exhaust will have a nice rumble, but not be raspy or nasty or too loud? I dont want the car to be TOO loud.

Thanks again!
Let me see if i understand... you want duals, LTs, no cats, BUT you don't want loud... Pissing in the wind my friend but none the less...

Check out the sticky in the exhaust section, should answer many questions.

Exhaust clips at LS1 sounds... http://dodds.cc/chad/garage/z28/ls1_...true_duals.htm
Old 08-18-2007, 01:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PhantomR/T
what combos will still allow daily driverability (if thats actually a word) that will allow all 3 of these? Thanks! Also, what muffler, with lt's, catless exhaust will have a nice rumble, but not be raspy or nasty or too loud? I dont want the car to be TOO loud.

Thanks again!
loud is a very subjective thing. to me my car is loud but not insanely loud...to my neighbors who call the cops when i come home at 11:30 i guess its a bit to loud.

my car has pacesetter LT's and TSP true duals dumped im fixing to lower it and not concerned with ground clearance to much, of course u cant fly over speed bumps or anything but its not to bad. i plan on going with Sam Strano's springs and re valved blistens if you take your time with the TSP true duals you can get them to tuck very nicely.

so my full setup is pacesetter LT's TSP dumped true duals with dyno max bullets, no cats. it screams at WOT and has quite a bit of cabin noise especially with a rear seat delete kit.

again its subjective i'd highly suggest trying to find some cars with the exhaust you want in person and listen to a million sound clips if you can't...

Chad
Old 08-18-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
loud is a very subjective thing. to me my car is loud but not insanely loud...to my neighbors who call the cops when i come home at 11:30 i guess its a bit to loud.

my car has pacesetter LT's and TSP true duals dumped im fixing to lower it and not concerned with ground clearance to much, of course u cant fly over speed bumps or anything but its not to bad. i plan on going with Sam Strano's springs and re valved blistens if you take your time with the TSP true duals you can get them to tuck very nicely.

so my full setup is pacesetter LT's TSP dumped true duals with dyno max bullets, no cats. it screams at WOT and has quite a bit of cabin noise especially with a rear seat delete kit.

again its subjective i'd highly suggest trying to find some cars with the exhaust you want in person and listen to a million sound clips if you can't...

Chad
i went stranos and i love em. clearance is good too.

and again. loud is in the eye of the beholder
Old 08-18-2007, 02:12 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bmxer8699
i went stranos and i love em. clearance is good too.

and again. loud is in the eye of the beholder
you got any more pictures? looks good in the sig.

yup all i've heard is good about his stuff.

did you do the hose mod for the rear?

im torn between who/what to go with for other susp. stuff. heard mixed reviews about BMR but here locally BMR is loved since they are a local brand and UMI is pretty new to the market?...

Chad
Old 08-18-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Resident

hmm.... I was more concerned with scraping **** on the ground over bumps and dips and stuff than anything else...
As far as the exhaust, basically, I dont want anything that sounds like an SLP loudmouth.... My truck is loud enough so as long as its quieter than that I'm good. (vid on the page linked in my sig)

Last edited by PhantomR/T; 08-18-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

my cars not lowered, soon to be though, i got the tsp duals and they dont hang much lower than stock at all

the white one is mine
the black one is stock w/ hooker catback
Old 08-18-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

thats exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!
Old 08-19-2007, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

My buddy has that exact setup and scrapes over almost everything. (eibach lowering kit, Pacesetter LT's ORY and magnaflow.) IT is QUIET!!! If you dont want loud then get a magnaflow. I personally have same setup but with SLP LM and its not too loud until you go past 2 grand. I have made grown men run by revving it...hahha

Search this Thread