Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dumb Question

Hey guys i have a 1998 trans am and my birthday along with christmas are coming up and i plan on buying myself a few presents but i was gunna buy myself headers/ full exhaust and was hoping for help if i pick up headers what will i have to remove as in like the air system/egr and what kinda headers and exhaust do u guys recommend i want it to be loud and throaty and will i have to get a tune after i put on headers thanks and also depending on exhaust what do i do with my rear O2 sensors

And off hand i was also gunna buy a Transparent MTI Airbox lid is it a good lid because i love the looks

Last edited by 71velle; 08-27-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lids are like mufflers, they all work good just depends on your style really. Headers depends on what you planing on putting on later. A set of Jet hot headers w/o air and EGR worked pretty good for me personally. And if your going to tune it afterwards just remove the rear O2s will the tuner is in there. Depending on how low your car is I would go with a true dual set up. Most of the setups tuck up pretty nice and sound mean
Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

well at most its gunna be intake and cam later on other than that most likely nothing
Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my cut-out and I plan to put on some qtp LT eith matching ORY then into my cutout. I had a friend (moved away) with a SS with that setup and it sounded incredible. Even a cutout on a bone stock car sounds more throaty than most other full exhaust setups. I prefer the SLP lid because the plastic matches perfectly with the plastic already on the stcok airbox...but don't get SLP headers cause its scrape city.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

+1 on not getting the SLP lp's, unless you like bottoming out on ur headers..everyone that i've talked to specifically told me no SLP headers....good luck with the modding, looks like you have the start to a very nice F-body there!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys for the info yeah i ordered a lid abd smooth bellow today i did all the free mods im gunna start ripping out the egr/air