Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hard 2 get in gear???

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation hard 2 get in gear???

i have a 98 ls1 z28 6 speed n ive had it for about a month and a half. when I bought it the dealer said the person who owned it before me replaced the clutch right before he sold it. for the past week now it has been really hard 2 get it into all the gears. im pretty sure its the clutch hydraulic system because if you're in gear and release the clutch just a hair it will start movin.. sometimes you dont even have 2 release the clutch.. so im pretty sure theres air in the hydraulic system... the bad part is that i have no idea how 2 bleed the system. no bleeder valve 2 been seen or obvious place 2 bleed it from. got any ideas?????
Old 09-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

there should be a bleeder valve above the hydraulic line thats going to the slave cylinder. If they did the clutch hopefully they replaced the slave cylinder, maybe your clutch master cylinder is going. try pumping the clutch pedal few times in between the gears.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the clutch is dropping to the floor or "dead pedal" then there's air in it. If you're not getting those symptoms, then it's a warped clutch disk. Maybe he didn't torque it right or machine the flywheel. The bleeder valve is a major pita to get to, try going to a local auto store and getting a mighty vac. With that you can bleed it from the reservoir in the bay.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Teching In

yeah i heard about the adapter but i wuznt sure how it works.. oh i 4got 2 mention the clutch fluid looks pretty bad.. do i flush the system through the mighty vac?? n i drove it 2day n it feels like there is no clutch at all..
Old 09-06-2007, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's self-explanatory but it comes with directions. Get it done asap, pushing on the gearbox will bend the forks.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Not to be a jackass but it's hard as hell to understand you when you type like that.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Teching In

sorry dude.. just used to typing quick..