Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firechicken or Camaro... Some testamonials

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Firechicken or Camaro... Some testamonials

I am coming from a 2005 Dodge ?????, the car was nimble and good for a low 13 second 1/4 with my mods however the NEON thing and FWD just really didn't cut it for me anymore... most of all the cheapness of it, power got old. I am wondering if an LS1 would do the trick for me... I want a new car (I've been driving my 1998 Accord for too long I think) and I wanted something nice, ie. BMW or something but I can't seem to escape how crappy I feel being SLOW, I don't think I can stand for it but I also remember how being pretty quick really got old and who cares if your teh f4strrrr. Well I have been going over the options for a $9-12,000 budget and I am just seeing NOTHING that cuts the mustard... it's either too slow, handles like crap or is unreliable. I am also concerned as to how hard it is dealing with not being able to drive one of these year round, I'd plan on driving it in whatever weather I can I'm not picky but I would require a beater for those really bad days (I live in Maine BTW)... I am wondering if a Firebird or Camaro would get OLD? The concept that is

I love the not too much can touch it concept but is that enough? I also know how I can't stand slow cars and cocky people who drive slow cars... for example, I had a guy shoot his mouth off to my friend who has an RSX Type S, it's good for meh... a high 14 with his mods but this guy had an Acura TL (newer one)... being an *** about it, "I'll race you!" he says all ricer like... and I felt so helpless for my friend, I wish I could have just chimed in and said with humble manners and a calm reluctant voice "I'll see if I can beat you" (having an LS1 WS6, SS or whatever... hell my ????? would have crushed him) JUSTTT to shut up the moron with the FWD Luxury crap... oooo that would have felt good. I am a very humble anti fast and furious enthusiast keep in mind but some times I just wanna put people in there place. I just wonder what I can get for my price range, does mileage matter on these cars... what likes to break and why, what should I expect out of the ownership. Does it matter Firebird or Camaro? Is one cheaper generally? Are the identical? What should I do?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what?
Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

An ls1/Lt1 camaro/firebird is by far one of the most reliable cars on the road. Iv had one with up to 160k miles with no big problems other then needing a new clutch breaks etc. This new one im buying is at 96k miles and it runs like its brand new.

You say you get bored pretty easily with just being fast, theirs something about a camaro that never gets old. You have the speed and the sound. I dont care what you had done to that dodge, it will never sound as amazaing as a WOT ls1 with t-tops off, peeling down the road on a warm fall day as the sun is just barley setting.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can acquire a LS1 powered F-Body for about that amount and it would walk your friends import without a problem. Also they look hella better! Get a T/A cause a Camaro looks like a guy in a suit that can kick your ***, a T/A is a guy wearing a wife beater thats gonna come over and prove it!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by zuuhlsT/A
You can acquire a LS1 powered F-Body for about that amount and it would walk your friends import without a problem. Also they look hella better! Get a T/A cause a Camaro looks like a guy in a suit that can kick your ***, a T/A is a guy wearing a wife beater thats gonna come over and prove it!
I sold a 400rwhp SS for 8k, and also bought my ~500rwhp Z28 for 8k. It can be done my friend.......

PS the SS had 160k on it, never replaced a thing I didn't want to.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PonyTamr
An ls1/Lt1 camaro/firebird is by far one of the most reliable cars on the road. Iv had one with up to 160k miles with no big problems other then needing a new clutch breaks etc. This new one im buying is at 96k miles and it runs like its brand new.

You say you get bored pretty easily with just being fast, theirs something about a camaro that never gets old. You have the speed and the sound. I dont care what you had done to that dodge, it will never sound as amazaing as a WOT ls1 with t-tops off, peeling down the road on a warm fall day as the sun is just barley setting.
I could have wrote that, cause that's how I feel about my Trans Am. And the Camaro and Firebirds are 98% the same car. The only real differences are cosmetic. It's not like driving a car, you fit so well with the car that it's and extention of your body. More power than I really need, but 'I've just got to have'.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

i bought a 2000 Z28 about 5-6 months ago...its a second car but every time i get in and drive it i think i should sell my daily driver. its like falling in love every time. t-tops are amazing way better thaan convertibles imo. you wont get bored of those. the car handles like a champ. and feels really solid when you drive it. if you look around for one that was treated well you wont regret it, i promise. mine has over 150,000 miles on it, but it was a 1 owner car before i got my hands on it. a well maintained car is more imporant than how many miles are on these babies.
i say go out and find an LS1 car and take it for a test drive. you'll fall in love
Old 09-15-2007, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

I bought mine about 7 monyhs ago bone stock and was busting everything around the only thing that I have run into that has been faster than me is. . . . You guesses it, a cammed F-body! These cars make so much power and handle like they are on a rail, and the quest for more power, if so desired, is a never ending adventure. Now, the down side of them are the window motors. That's simply because the windows are like 3 ft. long.
Look at it this way you can have 300rwhp stock and own the road or you can fret over a $20 window motor, You choose
Old 09-15-2007, 02:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

as far as which car to get, firebird vs camaro, whichever you personally like best, and if you don't have a preference either way, whichever one you can find for a better price.

also had to make a post so don't end the night on post #666 ...
Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Both cars are almost the same just cosmetics, the difference at least where i live is the SS does not stand out as much to law enforcement than the WS6 if you pick a calm color...Pewter for example. Red's, Black's whites seem to get it bad in NY.

Trans Am was my pick when they first came out, but i would rather not be pulled over every other block. I seem to get away with alot with my SS without attracting alot of bad attention.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

i had my o2 ws6 ta for bout 6 years . i bought it in oct 01 . and it is daily driven since then . i had 124000 miles on it without any major problems . i had some work done on transmission twice but was covered under warranty .
i think its car u can trust . and ofcourse its head-turner ! i wish i can drive it forever ......!!
Old 09-18-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sp00led Ya
I am coming from a 2005 Dodge ?????, the car was nimble and good for a low 13 second 1/4 with my mods however the NEON thing and FWD just really didn't cut it for me anymore... most of all the cheapness of it, power got old. I am wondering if an LS1 would do the trick for me... I want a new car (I've been driving my 1998 Accord for too long I think) and I wanted something nice, ie. BMW or something but I can't seem to escape how crappy I feel being SLOW, I don't think I can stand for it but I also remember how being pretty quick really got old and who cares if your teh f4strrrr. Well I have been going over the options for a $9-12,000 budget and I am just seeing NOTHING that cuts the mustard... it's either too slow, handles like crap or is unreliable. I am also concerned as to how hard it is dealing with not being able to drive one of these year round, I'd plan on driving it in whatever weather I can I'm not picky but I would require a beater for those really bad days (I live in Maine BTW)... I am wondering if a Firebird or Camaro would get OLD? The concept that is

I love the not too much can touch it concept but is that enough? I also know how I can't stand slow cars and cocky people who drive slow cars... for example, I had a guy shoot his mouth off to my friend who has an RSX Type S, it's good for meh... a high 14 with his mods but this guy had an Acura TL (newer one)... being an *** about it, "I'll race you!" he says all ricer like... and I felt so helpless for my friend, I wish I could have just chimed in and said with humble manners and a calm reluctant voice "I'll see if I can beat you" (having an LS1 WS6, SS or whatever... hell my ????? would have crushed him) JUSTTT to shut up the moron with the FWD Luxury crap... oooo that would have felt good. I am a very humble anti fast and furious enthusiast keep in mind but some times I just wanna put people in there place. I just wonder what I can get for my price range, does mileage matter on these cars... what likes to break and why, what should I expect out of the ownership. Does it matter Firebird or Camaro? Is one cheaper generally? Are the identical? What should I do?

lay off the meth.....ur tweakin'

Quick Reply: Firechicken or Camaro... Some testamonials