New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-4-hot-ls1

Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1-4-hot-ls1

1994 buick lt1 corvette engine, ive heard of many free mods for the lt1, such as porting the maf. and de-screening, any help for air flow helps, but ive heard that its sensless to do these mods for motors below 500 hp. also porting the t.b, and intake is this helpfull i would think so, if so increasing air flow you would think you would have to increase fuel flow. dont want a 500 hp motor, just want more HP. also more air goes in more air has to go out. de-screened maf, thinking of porting maf and T.B, aslo intake. dose t.b by-pass gain any HP. IM old school chevy so computers and such not really throws a differnt angle into things. what is the 94 buick with the corvette lt1 engine HP rated at. Should i change the stock air intake system i.e closed filter box and crazy flex tubes. Any suggestion would be greatefully appericiated.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off allow me to suggest looking in the LT1 section of this website. It's probably one of the best ones on the net. I think you might have a little reading to do before you just go tearing stuff apart. I actually really like those old school Buicks I think they are sweet. Some pics would be cool.

Search this Thread