New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Convertible help needed

First, let me explain, I have owned F-Bodies pretty much ever since I was 15 and I am now 26, but for the first time I am starting to get into the modification game with my 2000 Trans Am Convertible, it's a 6 speed without the WS-6 package. I have questions regarding what aftermarket suspension parts will fit the convertible body style. I have seen on several websites a disclaimer saying 'not for use with convertible' when looking at different products. If someone could give me some tips on what I can do to the cars suspension so I can lower it about 1-2 inches and still maintain a comfortable ride quality, and what I need to do so that the car can accomodate 500 hp. Any tips on getting me to 500 hp without the bottle would be greatly appreciated also. Thanks!!
Old 09-26-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Why are we moding these verts???

I have a full bolton 2002 A4 Z28 w/367 RWTQ.
First time w/good traction I broke the windsheild because of frame twist.
I installed the weld-on BMR subframe connectors (BIG DIFFERENCE).
Car now hooks better and new windshield still in place 1 year later.

As far as lowering, yeah it looks BA,(and I considered it) but heard it really hurts the ride.
I'm not gonna do it.
Good luck.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not mod these verts look at my sig?

Lowering the vert is pretty much a no go if you want long tubes with 3" piping. I drag getting out of my driveway at a slight incline and going over speedbumps at stock height.

You may be able to get away with new springs and lower maybe, I say maybe an inch. Any more than that and you would regret it.

Have any questions about the vert PM me.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a moser 9" 3:89 gear with BMR SFC's, adj LCA's, adj TA and crossmember with driveshaft loop. The crossmember is very low, you may want to really think about lowering your vert. They may look better to some lowered, but I would far more want to come out of the hole for all it's worth. There is not a lot of room under our vert's as they are. Good luck any way you go!!!!!