Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need everyones help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need everyones help!!!

I just got my new/used 2002 ws6 trans am and i love it. It has a few bolt on mods to it like slp cold air box, exhaust, wheels, springs. So the first weekend with the car was awsome but the second weekend brought some rain which was not welcomed but normally excepted while on the way to work in medium to heavy rain my car starts to freak out like if the plugs got wet or like if my intake sucked up water i pulled over and after about 3-4 min my check engine like went away and my car drove fine. Since then my car has been ok but if i wet the car and i mean like the windshield and decide to drive it will run like if it is in the water for a few min
Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Teching In

When I drove in the rain in my old 1994 firebird, my traction control light would come on as well as my check engine light. Check your traction in the rain and that might have something to do with it, if no traction control then I have no idea
Old 10-10-2007, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Are the baffles out of the hood? you could be sucking water into the air filter.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

It sounds like you may have a problem with an electrical short. I had a mazda that acted like that until I took off the plug wires and coated the plugs with dielectric grease. If it happens at night, raise your hood and see if you can see any electric shorts. Check for any poor conections or bare wires.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

i would take off the box check it for any signs then put it back on myself if that don't help
take it to autozone in the rain
Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

My 98 TA does that during heavy rain. It seems to go away after a few minutes. Feels like a cylinder isn't firing.