Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into 280z

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 into 280z

im curious to see if anyone on LS1 tech has done this swap. Its something ive been toying with for a while. Im a huge fan of the LS1 even tho ive been driving turboed nissans most of my life.

Ive been looking at a 1972 280z thats been sitting at a local repair shop under a cover for the better part of 2 years now and i just recently called and offered 500 for the car and he said to call back in a week when he gets back in town.

The only think i can see coming to be a problem is the front crossmember, being able to get the motor in there right...

the biggest question i have is does the Traditional 350ci SBC from the 60s through 80s have its mounts in the same location as an LSX engine? If so ive got a bare block out of a 70s camaro sitting in my shop that i could use to fab it up rather than putting in and pulling out a full dressed LS1 over and over.

thanks for any imput guys, im not a complete newb to the LSx or LTx series of engines themself, just not too familar with the way they are mounted up.

Phil
Old 12-07-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check in the Conversion and Hybrid section, there are stickys at the top of the page that have general info on conversions and search that forum too because LS1 swap into those have been done a bunch of times and I think there is a website for hybrid Z's..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps-28/

Found it!

http://www.hybridz.org/
Old 12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HybridZ is what you want.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

sweet you guys rock!...

im thinking just a basic Texas Speed setup with the 5.3 heads and MS3 cam with a FAST intake manifold and about a 100 shot of spray for the car. should be crazy fast. But its all going to hinge on budget at this point.