New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car cut off for a second then started???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 07:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car cut off for a second then started???

Today for the first time ever my car seemed like it cut off then turned back on while i was driving. It happened twice today. When it happens the cluster lights come on as if i had the key turned to the on postion before starting. But the engine doesn't stall out or anything. My cd player cuts out when it happens. I thinking its the ground wire......does that sound right?? Car has 84000 miles.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Dont know if this is any help to you but i just had my crankshaft sensor replaced today...my car started skipping and eventually would turn off when i gave it more gas, but it would start back up after a few seconds of waiting...does the service engine light come on? and stay on?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:53 AM
12 Second Club

the service engine light doesn't come on. I think its my power wire that's running to my amp. This problem wasn't happening till i installed my system. Maybe the power wire is hitting metal. Will that cause the car to cut off then start back up. It cutoff a couple of times when i hit a bump in the road and once when i closed the passenger door.