Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help

Im building my first ls1 a 6.0 block 408 for my 98 z28 daily driver. Lookin for at least 480whp 100 more than im running, but im on a budget but i want a good base for a d1sc 15+ psi(later on). Forged everything I know but I ran out of money 4 cabled l92 top end. I have ls6 intake, ms3,others bolt ons, damn good speedinc tune and good skills, should I get a comp 244/248-612/615 with some 317s and port with bigger valves, with low or high compression. Im trying to order my rotating assembly, O yea ss4000 yank w 2.73 (yea I know), sending converter in for freshing (because of a seal blow out) 32-3600 tighting up also plus have 3.42s not much better but a daily driver, any suggestions please.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM
TECH Junkie

wow...my head hurts....lots of questions...asked in a confusing manner.

biggest thing i see a problem with is gonna be the compression. in order to make a goal of 480rwhp you'll need decent compression. which is going to be a problem later on when you decide to boost the engine.

only thing i can see working is a compromise.

dished pistons to keep compression down, and then a set of small chamber heads to help increase the compression. then when you decide to put the blower on, replace the heads with some big chamber heads to get the compression back to where it needs to be for a DD blower motor.

you're kindda wanting to build two different motors...each requireing a unique method.

either cam should yield good results, i'm not familiar enough with big cubes and boost to say which is better. but i think you'll start to starve the motor with the LS6 intake. i would definatly budget in for a ported FAST 90/90. should make your goal much easier to meet.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Teching In

What size is the ls6's opening? would they work good with ported 317's? probally with additional porting done to the ls6 intake mabe? later on i want to do L92 heads with L76 intake and possibly f1a also but d1sc will do.