Sponsored by:

Hello all.............need a few answers before I proceed

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello all.............need a few answers before I proceed

was wondering about intakes and heads.

gonna do a 430-454ci LS-something, don't know what yet. Maybe a sleeved block or the iron stuff.

but I want the most possible power output and still be able to drive it every day if I want to.

bottom end doesn't change power output, so whats the best intake and heads for that size engine for a street driving car.

my friend has a 511 rwhp 422ci 2001 T/A but its like 5 years old so I know there's better stuff out now to make more power.

hope its the right section to post this in. thanks.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ok,.. real quick,.. do you HAVE an LS1? Lets be perfectly honest before we start here,.. whats your budget like?

btw,.. YES,... your bottom end does count! Its an investment you should NEVER skimp on! Forged bottom end ALL THE WAY!!
Old 01-06-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
ok,.. real quick,.. do you HAVE an LS1? Lets be perfectly honest before we start here,.. whats your budget like?

btw,.. YES,... your bottom end does count! Its an investment you should NEVER skimp on! Forged bottom end ALL THE WAY!!
Yes, I have a 1999 T/A. 100% Bone stock.

I for sure do not want to spend $20,000 on a N/A motor, but I do realize I'll be spending in the $14,000 range for it all. I have the money ready to spend right now. I was thinking about getting the short block from a sponsor then doing the heads and intake at a local shop here that does alot of performance engine builds.

its just the heads and intake that I need to understand more about. LS7 intake seems to be a big restrictor for the heads we have available, so a sheet metal is definitely something I would buy.