Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust and prices?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exhaust and prices?

ok. I wanna get the Pacesetter LT headers! But I cant find out where to order them from!! I tried pacesetter.com but had no luck? It said "cannot be displayed" this happen to anyone else? Anyways, I was wondering about how much it would be to have the headers put on w/ true duals? I would put them on myself, but I have very few tools and not much time on my hands.
Oh and what kinda gains should i see w/ the LTs and true duals?? 15-20whp? hopefully? Also my car came with a Throttle body spacer, should i take it off or leave it on?? I heard they are no good! Any replies are apprieciated. Btw I drive a 2002 Pontiac Trans am.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the site's vendor's
Old 01-11-2008, 01:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

With the headers, price search with the sponsor links to the right-->

I personally got my headers from ws6store.com and have no regrets. They came quick and were packaged well. But I'm sure you'll find the same service with any of the sponsors. Other places to look are Texas speed and performance, Thunder Racing, and Byunspeed. Those are the only sites I've personally seen pacesetters offered, but I didn't shop as good as I should have.

For the TD setup, I got the Texas Speed and Performance true dual system. It took some expanding to fit over the passenger header, but the whole system overall was easy to do. I did it in my driveway. It get a little tedious trying to maximize ground clearance, yet keep it symmetrical.

Pacesetters - ~$400
TSP TDs - ~$500

Or you could get a custom TD setup, whichever's cheaper. Some shops might run TD's out the back for cheaper than the dumped TSP system. It varies.

The whole system, for me, took all weekend (mostly by myself). But that was with going to autozone a bunch to get tools I needed and didn't have. Find a good header write up, and you could probably do it all in a day. Make sure you have plenty of band aids, and don't do it when it's cold outside.

For hp gains, I haven't dynoed my car yet, but I'm guessing I'm in the 330+ range. From what I hear, a tune after LTs wake it up nice. I think I've seen around 345rwhp with minor bolt ons. Lid, exhaust, tune.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GatorFan08
ok. I wanna get the Pacesetter LT headers! But I cant find out where to order them from!! I tried pacesetter.com but had no luck? It said "cannot be displayed" this happen to anyone else? Anyways, I was wondering about how much it would be to have the headers put on w/ true duals? I would put them on myself, but I have very few tools and not much time on my hands.
Oh and what kinda gains should i see w/ the LTs and true duals?? 15-20whp? hopefully? Also my car came with a Throttle body spacer, should i take it off or leave it on?? I heard they are no good! Any replies are apprieciated. Btw I drive a 2002 Pontiac Trans am.
you can pick pacesetter headers up at: ws6store.com, speedinc.com, fasttoys.net, and many many more sites... will show even more

if you had a shop put on your headers and true duals, you are looking at $400 plus for labor

you should see around 20-25hp with the ls6 manifold you have, and if you run catless
Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

I got mine at New Era Performance. They were great to work with, have decent prices and answered all my questions. If you buy from them tell Mike Darren says hi

585-865-1832

or

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/

Good luck and happy modding.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Thanks guys.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

you could try ls1speed.com for you pacesetter long tuves..there a sponsor/vendor here aswell...plus its free shipping..i forgot how much mine were lol...but i was pleased with it..i got them along with there y pipe ( which is trash by the way)..but that can be fixed by any muffler shop so i'll take care of that later
Old 01-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Teching In

hey im selling a custom made true dual setup. it cost me a butt load to make and ive decided to sell it. so PM if your interested
Old 01-14-2008, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Ok. I went to a shop that does custom exhaust.. and they said it would run me 600$ just for them to put the headers on!!!! thats not including the rest of the exhaust!! IM in lakeland florida, does anyone know of a cheaper place?
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Install the headers yourself...Pacesetters are probably the easiest LT to install...

Prices seem to have gone up a little bit recently..but when I ordered mine it was ...

Pacesetter coated LT - 375 shipped
ORY - 125 shipped
Dynomax bullet - 53 shipped
02 sensor extensions - 36 shipped
weld the bullet on with a turn down - 30
and then I sold my stock catalytic converters to a guy on here for $140

So, I got my full exhaust for about $479, and you can see the times I run in my signature
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 for neweraperformanceparts fast shipping too
Old 01-15-2008, 02:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

$600... That's insane.

Do the headers yourself. Hardest parts are breaking free the header bolts and spark plugs, and getting the car high enough..

You can buy everything you need, top of the line, for a fraction of that $600 labor cost. Plus, then you'll have this nice jack and tools, more personal time with your car, and you know how to take them off when you need to, instead of paying hundreds of dollars when you need to take the headers off again.

$200 (for the rest of your life)<$600 (a one time thing)

You'll sleep easier and enjoy the new headers more if you do it yourself, imo.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

i ordered mine from texas speed shop and was very happy with their prices and service. i also got their ORY instead of pacesetter's because of all the complaints about it knocking. Just get a buddy and install the headers yourself its not that hard