Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who could answer this??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who could answer this??

02 camaro ss 44,000 miles all tuned up. not to long ago i had the dealer replace my cats my car was a dog m6 again no codes. new cats ran mint it even sounded louder. i also installed 4:10 gears car was a rocket now it feels like a dog again its not as loud same **** again no codes. 1st gear feels quick thats it. what would cause this??
Old 01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Either you have that nutso heat soak issue us GTO guys have been prone to or you're just getting used to the power. Sitting in traffic, the heat of the engine radiates into the IAT sensor in the intake tube, raises the temp reading and pulls timing. I believe at about 90 degrees it starts pulling timing at the temp continues to raise. I've used my Predator to monitor this as I drive in traffic and once the temp gets high, it's a very noticeable difference.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Teching In

well its 33 degrees in ny and it has lost power i can smell the cats again.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Maybe the car is running unusually rich causing the cats to go bad. Do you have a lot of black soot around the exhaust tips? I've had heat soak affect the car around 40 degrees too. If I'm sitting in traffic without much movement after the fans kick on the temp reads much higher than the outside air.