Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can condensation cause the peskie p0300 code

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default can condensation cause the peskie p0300 code

can condensation cause the peskie p0300 code I've observed in the winter months I get lots of condensation mainly in blowby catch can thats easy to clean yesterday I observed major condensation in my intake manifold fuel fliter

? will this cause the peskie p0300 code?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails can condensation cause the peskie p0300 code-condensation.jpg  
Old 01-31-2008, 08:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the filter for? I have never seen that setup before. Is that inline with the crank case vent? Is the code your talking about the random missfire code? Thats the same **** I'm dealing with!

Jason
Old 01-31-2008, 08:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default fliter

fliters the crankcase venting back into the intake.

yes the peskie misfire multiple cylinder misfire.

subscribe to my other threads on coils and plugs hopefully a expert will cime in w/ the solution.

meanwhile I'm doing research on simaial threads.

I'm suspecting the fuel injectors
Old 02-01-2008, 03:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why is the filter put in backwards tho??? but wow its amazing at all the stuff i see in the filter! i think im going to do the same!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default fliter

Dam I did'nt know the fliter was in backwards thanks for the tip.

I'm also getting huge amounts of condensation in the blow by catch can just cleaned it Thrusday now it's 1/3 full no oil just brown milkie ****.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

dude thats crazy! alot of water man! i think its normal! or it could be that the filter u have there is causing to much resiswtance and it is not letting the air flow the way it should!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default fliter

the fliter has been on for over a year without condensation what so ever.

past couple of weeks the car has been outside (it's usally under a car roof to prevent rain on it) so I have been covering car in saran wrape I'm now thinking the motor comparment needs a certain amout of ventalation.

do you think the saran wrape is creating the extra moisture?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Banned

maybe it could!, but i just cleaned my catch can today and i found a **** load of condensation in there! it was like a milky brown! all in the catch can, i had also recently put up a thread about my oil cap having condensation, many people said it is due to the fact that i drive very short trips! like i drive my car 4 miles to school and park it for a few hours! the car is basically getting up to temp and then cooling down! that will cause alot of moisture! and its been raining for quite sometime now in california! also check your oil cap! see if there is condensation on that!! try to keep the engine idling with out the oil cap for a while, so the car can ventilate all the moisture out, or drive the car for a while so all the moisture can dry up!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default moisture

Originally Posted by ae13291
maybe it could!, but i just cleaned my catch can today and i found a **** load of condensation in there! it was like a milky brown! all in the catch can, i had also recently put up a thread about my oil cap having condensation, many people said it is due to the fact that i drive very short trips! like i drive my car 4 miles to school and park it for a few hours! the car is basically getting up to temp and then cooling down! that will cause alot of moisture! and its been raining for quite sometime now in california! also check your oil cap! see if there is condensation on that!! try to keep the engine idling with out the oil cap for a while, so the car can ventilate all the moisture out, or drive the car for a while so all the moisture can dry up!
good advice, I also have been taking lots of short trips.

come to think of it after a restart the operating temp. go'es way down but it's not turned off for more than 20 minutes, it has been cold & raining alot here to.

will moisture show on the oil dipstick?

what do you think about wrapeing the car in saran wrape I'm thinking this also contributes to the extra moisture?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Banned

the oil dipstick should not show any sign of water or that will be a pain to fix (head gasket)
but the oil cap would have water drops all over! im guessing the saran wrap might make more moisture! just leave it alone in the rain! GM designed it so water does not get under the hood! its like having the header wrap on headers, many people do not do that because later they come to find that because of the heat not being released from the headers it is causing moisture in the headers and leading to rust! but in your case its the saran wrap, when i found out i had moisture under my oil cap i was told to drain all my oil while the car is COLD! this way any water would be in the pan floating! so i drained it and changed my filter and i drove it about 6 miles and saw a few drops of water under my cap again but it was not a milky color, just water drops! after driving it for a few days now and on the freeway, all the moisture is gone!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default water

Originally Posted by ae13291
the oil dipstick should not show any sign of water or that will be a pain to fix (head gasket)
but the oil cap would have water drops all over! im guessing the saran wrap might make more moisture! just leave it alone in the rain! GM designed it so water does not get under the hood! its like having the header wrap on headers, many people do not do that because later they come to find that because of the heat not being released from the headers it is causing moisture in the headers and leading to rust! but in your case its the saran wrap, when i found out i had moisture under my oil cap i was told to drain all my oil while the car is COLD! this way any water would be in the pan floating! so i drained it and changed my filter and i drove it about 6 miles and saw a few drops of water under my cap again but it was not a milky color, just water drops! after driving it for a few days now and on the freeway, all the moisture is gone!
good advice on oil.

however eveyone knows that the f-body hood leaks water onto the strut towers look at you're strut towers the paint will be faded due to water settleing there after rain or even after washing the car.

think I'll give the saran wrape a rest and change the fliter Saturday
Old 02-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Banned

o crap ur right i did notice that! its weird it looks like gm designed that so the water settles there?? lol weird
Old 02-01-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking at freeze frame data could provide a clue
Old 02-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Banned

freeze frame data from the scanners sometimes dont show nothing

Quick Reply: can condensation cause the peskie p0300 code