New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loosing hot air while driving any ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loosing hot air while driving any ideas

Ok so I took at a guess on this awhile back but im trying to mkae sure from some other people before i just take her to the shop for no reason. I have a 2002 Trans Am and right now im in alaska. Im stationed at Fort Wainwright and it gets cold as ***** here. So I need my heater but the thing is my car will only hold the heat as it sits while driving the temp drops really bad and im not sure if its just a fan problem or what. My guess is because im driving in negative degree weather and that it sucks all the cold air in and thats the reason but im just trying to make sure before i go off and try and pay for her to get fixed and thats really it. If any one can help that would be awsome
Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heater core is probably going out, might wanna replace it or blow it out. How many miles on the car? At idle is the air HOT or just warm.

Also try not to make multiple threads, try to list all your issues in one thread.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

you might want to try replacing your thermostat 1st if its stck open your engine wont heat up especially while driving in cold climates,changing your heater core pit!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by frisco88
you might want to try replacing your thermostat 1st if its stck open your engine wont heat up especially while driving in cold climates,changing your heater core pit!
That is kinda what I was thinking..
Old 02-08-2008, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree on this too, its easy (at least it would be inside a building). This would also be true if you have replaced it with a 160 degree for performance. They aren't going to heat like the stock temp thermostat will especially where you are.