New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very weird idle, could the reason be...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

Location: Heidelberg Germany (1.4 miles from famous Hockenheim Ring)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very weird idle, could the reason be...

ok guys, i put the car on stands (just the front, only had 2) and was working on taking the bumper off to put the Billet Grill on. I had the headlights out and was using the low beams for my light as my mag-light wasnt working and and my 12v car light wasnt long enough (cigarette lighter)... anyways, i ran the battery down to the point where all the starter did was click, i waited 15 min, turned the key, and it slowly started up. it immediately went to 2000rpm and would sometimes go to 2500 rpm and drop back down. I thought maybe it was a feature to charge the battery as it was dead. I was going to leave it on for 15 min and see, but after 5 min, a guy from down the street started yelling at me in german that is was too loud and to shut it off or he'd call the police >.< so i was wondering... was it the batt, or was it the fact that it was uneven? tomarrow i'll put the rest of the car back together and take it for a little drive to see if everything is OK. It is also sitting for the moment, and has been giving me the SES light for the past 3 weeks. have to find a place in germany that can scan that for me (was running normal even with the SES before today):/
Old 02-09-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The PCM was probably just relearning the idle because the battery was drained down so low.