New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is going on in this picture?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is going on in this picture?

I noticed that there was an area of pipe under my car that had been cutout and a new section was added. I'm trying to figure out what this car had previously done to it. The owner seems to have gone through great lengths to erase what he had done to it. Like taking the tint off of his windows and repainting some various things.
The Y pipe is so small and rusty, the midpipe is brand new and maybe 3.5 inches in diameter and it has a flowmaster muffler and echo tips.
I randomly get a "check engine soon" light and I am wondering if there could be o2 sims on since the codes that I pulled off are related to the o2 and it says something about the catalytic converters.
Also are these the stock springs and shocks in the front? I tried to get a picture in the back but the camera wouldn't take it. The springs in the back are red as well and the shocks in the back are white.
It has been lowered and sits about 4 inches from the ground.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails What is going on in this picture?-bling-062.jpg   What is going on in this picture?-bling-060.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It looks to me like the catylitic converters were cut out and replaced with that piece.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

those are not the stock springs, i bet that car rides really rough. you need to get some good shocks on there asap.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

the cats should be up higher at least the were on my car, unless they had afttermarket cats and then removed them. im thinking previous cutout may b?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's a WS6 all the shocks should be orange I believe.. All mine were..
Old 02-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Launching!

In stock form, the cats should be right after the exhaust manifolds.. pretty much mounted vertically, not horizontally.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Addict

damn that sucks i wouldn't buy anything from anyone trying to hide ****

check the springs if they don't have a BMR logo (doubt it) they ar probably ebay trash.. and thats just where they belong
Old 02-13-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like it had cutouts and he took em off...if code is "catylist efficincy below threshold" and either bank 1 or 2 that is a bad cat.Cats are mounted right below the exhaust manifolds.

Springs look to me like Eibachs...I have them on my car and it sits about that low...you need some new shocks though...konis are what I am buying...I made the mistake of getting KYBS
Old 02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Yeah I had those codes lol... I have an extra pair of cats in my garage that are off of my 00 camaro but they are bolt on.. are the 01-02 years bolt on as well?
I hope the springs aren't ebay junk, I hate buying cars used because I don't know how old this **** is and if it's still good. The ride is very rough and I have to slam on my brakes when I come to any bumps or I'll scrape. *Btw* I will post pictures up tomorrow of the rear and try to get a better shot to see a brand name.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Cutouts