Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie with a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with a few questions

Well I just bought a 01 t/a ram air ws6,auto,55k miles tonight.This is my first ls1 Ive always had mustangs and decided to jump the fence.My first question is what do you think the car will run?All it has that I know of is cat back exhaust and a diablo programer.I live on the Texas coast so Im right at sea level.I also have a few questions about the cars reliability.The rearend (or maybe the tires) are making a howling noise going down the road.There also seems to be a very high pitch metal on metal sound at cruising speedsIt is not real noticeable my wife says Im crazy that she doesnt hear anything..Im guessing this means the rear end is shot?Also my transmission does not seem to downshift right.You have to be going under 15mph when you punch it to get it to drop into first.Other than that the transmission shifts perfect.I know the lady that had the car before me and she took real good care of it, so its hard to belive the rear end or tranny is shot with only 55k miles,but is there anything else it could be?I looked through the service records she had in the glove box and it looks like the tranny was just serviced.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might run some low to mid 13s. If the 4L60E needs rebuilt then be ready to pay close to $2K
Old 02-28-2008, 11:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

probably a 13.3ish. They are very realiable if you take proper care of them. If the trans is acting funny it could be something to do with the programmer possibly. I wouldnt think it or the rear would be going out if a lady owend it.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He did mentioned a diablo tune/programmer.... So maybe the shifts got played with or something in the tranny got adjusted.

The 10 bolt rears, they are junk but you have an A4 so that will help n the ground and pound on the rear... Have diff fluid changed and add some of the GM additive and see if it quiets down. that **** works awesome.

If you get some sticky tires on and hit the track on a cool nioght, you can run a low 13...