New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it to get a car titled?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How hard is it to get a car titled?

I have a chance to get a real clean F-Body for the right price. The problem is, it has no title because it is a repo. The car will come with a notarized bill of sale from a lawyer. How hard is it to get a title for a repo'd car? I really want to jump on this but not having a title is making me a little weary. This is for Illinois by the way.

Thanks guys....
Old 03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omaha stylee
I have a chance to get a real clean F-Body for the right price. The problem is, it has no title because it is a repo. The car will come with a notarized bill of sale from a lawyer. How hard is it to get a title for a repo'd car? I really want to jump on this but not having a title is making me a little weary. This is for Illinois by the way.

Thanks guys....
I'd call your BMV, and ask them. They will be able to tell you what you need to do.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

If it was previously titled in the same state that you live in then the BMV/DMV should be able to help you without too much trouble. I once pulled an old oval window VW out of the brush that had over grown it. It was previously titled in a different state and time had passed so that that state didn't have it on record. Partially restored it and sold it without ever getting a new title. Just passed the problem downstream to the next guy.