Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! with LSX swap in 70 Chevelle

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! with LSX swap in 70 Chevelle

I知 in the process of doing a engine swap in a 70 Chevelle LSX 454 purchased from Mast Motor sports (all the Guys over there have been great) 4L60E Automatic and would greatly appreciate some experienced help and advice with a few problems I知 having.

First off I知 using an Auto Kraft oil pan and haven稚 test fit it yet it is on the motor and I'm using a Mock Block. I purchased Edelbrocks headers and engine plates and the headers hit on the frame on the passenger side right where they start down. I looked at pictures of other builds and could see no reason that they didn稚 fit or anything that I did wrong I tried both a stock type motor mount and energy suspension urethane mounts and also tried new stands just in case any ideas? I ordered the Hooker long tube set up and I will try that this week when I receive them.

Next problem the one I realy need to address today is I cant find anyone that sells a Serpentine drive set up (air car) I have called March, Billet Specialties, and everyone that I could find everyone has told me that there LS1 drive either wont work because of the Drive by wire throttle body causing a conflict with some of the bracket's or some other problume I cant even remember all the reason's everyone gave me. I had order one from Synister Products that I was told by them would work however they were unable to deliver the product at this time. I know several people have suggested notching the frame and using a GM drive that is not an option for me not that there is anything wrong with that I just don稚 want to if I can keep from it also a few people have stated that they had problems with steering hitting also. I have heard that GM Performance has a drive for LSX however I cant find any information in it. I知 looking for something that will high mount the compressor and the alternator and clear the hood and something that is attractive looking. Any ideas any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Keith
Lansing Mi
Old 05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try street and performance, www.hotrodlane.cc