New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I can not find this tranny mount! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I can not find this tranny mount! Please help!

For the life of me I can not find this tranny mount. Its a 98 T/A M6.
Napa doesnt list it. GMpartsdirect.com doesnt even list it. The one on advancedAuto.com, doesnt really specify if the one they list will work. I tried Summitracing.com, Thunderracing.com. Nothing. I can find Poly ones, but I dont want the vibration that everone tells about. I just want the plain 'Ol
rubber one. I have seen people posting about 1LE mounts What is 1LE? Will
the LT1 years fit my LS1. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I am really stumped here. BTW I havent gotten the old one out yet, but it is definitley shot. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks Jake
Old 05-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Jake- Call your local GM dealer. These are usually not very cheap, but seem to be worth the money. The LT1 mounts are not exactly the same. If you are concerned about vibration, use the factory LS1 mount.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With my stock mount, on quick 3-4 shifts, 50% of the time I would not make a smooth 3-4 shift, it hit gate or something.

Once I put in a modified Energy Suspension transmission mount, the movement of the shifter all but disappeared. To get it stiff without increasing interior noise, shave off the bumps on the ES mount or use a prothane mount. Do not use the preload plate supplied. The 1LE mount is also a good compromise mount, but due to availability the ES modified mount or Prothane would be significantly cheaper.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Teching In

SladeX Will I be able to tell what the preload plate looks like when I get the mount?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The preload plate is actually separate of the mount for the ES unit. If it's the Prothane, just use as is. I'll take a look in the garage later as I have all 3 mounts on hand. Stock, ES and Prothane.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SladeX
With my stock mount, on quick 3-4 shifts, 50% of the time I would not make a smooth 3-4 shift, it hit gate or something.

Once I put in a modified Energy Suspension transmission mount, the movement of the shifter all but disappeared. To get it stiff without increasing interior noise, shave off the bumps on the ES mount or use a prothane mount. Do not use the preload plate supplied. The 1LE mount is also a good compromise mount, but due to availability the ES modified mount or Prothane would be significantly cheaper.
What He said
I have the ES mount without the preload plate installed and it's not real bad.
Shifts are smooth and the vibration is liveable.
If your having trans mount problems it might be a good idea to look at your Left Motor mount. I went through 2 1LE trans mounts before I found out the motor mount was bad. Now I have Poly mounts all around with no problems.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the poly ones only vibrate for about a hundred miles, then it should stop, mine did
Old 05-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned

your factory mount can only be ordered from the dealer, its a special fail safe mount that has like 2 big chunks of steel that kind of loop around each other so that in the event of a falure the drive train will only take on so much damage...............expect to pay 90 at the dealer, 73 if you know someone............i also learned that the stock LT1 mounts will work the exact same the only difference is the threads on the stud of the mount, just stop off at value on your way back from autozone for a nut