Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help

Ok, If you're looking at this I hope you can help me out. I have a 98 v6 firebird, and I have went through 5 Pcm's on it in 3 montha due to it getting wet inside it. It has been such a pain to get this fixed, because I dont have the tools nor the time to fix it. Its been a problem for quite a while now. If anyone has a remendy to this let me know please. Also I just put bosch plugs and plug wires on it. The dealership told me that the bosch plugs wouldnt work until after they put them on and it didnt work. So I had to buy the factory plugs. Today they said my plug wire number 4 was melted and suggested me getting some racing wires that can withstand the heat from my aftermarket headers. Is this a true statement as well? If someone could tell me something it would help me out alot.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2008, 10:00 PM
12 Second Club

What is the car doing to make you believe the pcm's are needing to be replaced? How come they are getting wet? They are fairly protected in the stock location. Headers will burn through spark plug wires if the wires are allowed to come into contact with them. I have a 98 also and what I did was get some heat resistant tubing and make a sheath for each plug wire. These have been on the car now for about the last 3 years and I have had no problems with heat affecting them.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the info in the wires, My Pcm keeps getting wet because when it acts up I take it off and water will pour outta of it.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

I'm curious as to how the water is getting into it.