Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock ram air baffle qustion.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock ram air baffle qustion.

I'm sure this has been talked about many time and i just can't find the post about it so I'll ask anyway is it worth cutting the stock baffles out of the ws6 hood or not? i have seen here someone says cutting them out can hurt the car b/c it droppes the pressure and some says it flows more air.Or should i just let the hood factory and get one the kit that pulles air from under the front of the car? So let me know what you guys did/use on your cars and what the really deal is with both. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Not worth it.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I got my Hood it was already debaffled and after install I noticed Zero gains. Before the hood I had done the FRA mod and did noticed a gain from that but I do not have a WS6 raised airbox.
Whether it's worth it or not can be a bit of an argument but if you remove the baffles and seal the hood to the airbox you should see a slight gain above 100 mph.
So it's up to you
Old 08-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Thats what im finding out that it might help over 100 but im not normaly over that and from looking at the hood it doesn't look that easy plus i'm not a big fan of having to cut up factory stuff with out a spare one to go back to if i change my mind.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

If you're concerned about keeping your car in factory stock condition, leave it alone. If you liking modding in hopes of maybe gaining something, get 'em out of there.

Quick Reply: Stock ram air baffle qustion.