New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

Shreveport louisiana anyone??

Old 11-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there was a lack comnunication with ever body there ,because when i heard about people was to bring there tech card it would be taken care of.......the person that was running the gates was not told about that and could not get sam to respond to say ya or na, ...........now wheather or not that was done on porpose or not,....i dont know. but yes, that was not right,,,,,,,but that was the first night they were open, and things did get better,,,,,,im not saying every thing good,, but it was better
when ken and moly ran the track there were people hauln *** in the pits and smoken pot in the pits ,,broken glass bottles and alot more,,,,,,,that was some of the things he was trying to keep out ,, and in my opinoin if you have to **** some people off in the process then so be it........ im not saying you were one of those people doing that,,,,,,,im just saying you have to look at both sides, just because you got **** on dont mean that the were running that wrong........that all im saying.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Teching In

they had alot problems with the way they let people come in and park.. if you have a car in the front , it is a pain in the *** to get back to your car after a run..........they need to make all spectators park out side the gates..........you dont people parking in the pitts at ennis,,,, now thats a nice track
Old 11-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

excuse the type o's
Old 11-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jbirdcamaro
excuse the type o's
Yeah excuse him^^^^^^ this guy is a complete 'tard.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

Sam is a racer, not really a track manager. He did what he could to get the racers out, but most of what Sam knows is Outlaw racing. Don't get me wrong Sam was doing what he knows. As for that opening day, the gate gave tech cards to everyone coming in non racers included.That is why they ended up not honoring tech cards the next race, alot of things could have been done different. The track management did turn alot of guys away from coming out when they first opened, but they just did not know who to trust or who was trying to get over on them. I seen guys that had been coming to Red River on a regular bases stop coming to Thunder Road. The track needs a manager that has promotional skills and will run a schedule points series for bracket, index, motorcycle & jr. dragster. We all know the track opened late and that made for a bad first year. I really hope we see a better 2010.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jbirdcamaro
there was a lack comnunication with ever body there ,because when i heard about people was to bring there tech card it would be taken care of.......the person that was running the gates was not told about that and could not get sam to respond to say ya or na, ...........now wheather or not that was done on porpose or not,....i dont know. but yes, that was not right,,,,,,,but that was the first night they were open, and things did get better,,,,,,im not saying every thing good,, but it was better
when ken and moly ran the track there were people hauln *** in the pits and smoken pot in the pits ,,broken glass bottles and alot more,,,,,,,that was some of the things he was trying to keep out ,, and in my opinoin if you have to **** some people off in the process then so be it........ im not saying you were one of those people doing that,,,,,,,im just saying you have to look at both sides, just because you got **** on dont mean that the were running that wrong........that all im saying.
I was one of the guys that got shafted on the tech card deal. I went on and paid again and went in and found Sam. He basically cried about it because he said the track would lose $$$ by letting people use the tech cards again even though nothing was posted on the site about him changing his tune about it. So what really pissed off the guys I know was the fact that they had no way of knowing about him changing his mind and some of them drove an hour to get there. Remember, it cost them nothing to let you go down the track and every tech card was already paid for so it would have cost them nothing to make it right.

I agree with you about the other stuff though. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with Sam, he's a racer, not a track manager. The track is a much nicer facility now than it was before for sure and as Caddobass said, they did start back running late in the year and that really hurt them bad

Lol, looks like we highjacked this thread. sorry about that
Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pookster
Yeah excuse him^^^^^^ this guy is a complete 'tard.
a tard why i gotta be a tard,, you might be a re tard ...who knows

Last edited by jbirdcamaro; 11-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:42 AM
10 Second Club

Just to let some of you know the Dec. 12th race is a arm drop race. Right now it will be $20 to race but i have a feeling that will change before race day gets here.

On their site they exsplain that the electronics have already been removed for the winter. Keep up with it on the website if your still going. IMO no way am i paying anything for a arm drop race but ya'll can do whatever you want.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:12 AM
12 Second Club

True Scott it will be a arm drop raceday and paying $20 may be alittle much, but it beats the **** out of racing on the street and what that could cost. Plus there are going to be 8 or more cars putting up a $150 entry to race for the pot. That will be fun to watch. Hell the track may not even be prep right, but will still be fun for $20 in Dec. Great chance to do some grudge racing in also.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by caddobass
True Scott it will be a arm drop raceday and paying $20 may be alittle much, but it beats the **** out of racing on the street and what that could cost. Plus there are going to be 8 or more cars putting up a $150 entry to race for the pot. That will be fun to watch. Hell the track may not even be prep right, but will still be fun for $20 in Dec. Great chance to do some grudge racing in also.
I agree,if you get caught! If ya'll are that hard up to arm drop race come up here and pay me $10 a car to race and i'll take you to some secret hideaways.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Very nice car bro! Welcome to the area!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:10 PM
12 Second Club

Hey, about base housing... From what I understand from people in my shop that tried to get the nice housing, you have to be a couple with children. I know they generaly stick childless couples and single parents into the older rundown housing on base. Your best bet from what I have been told by people who have been on the base quite a few years is to get a house off base, and preferrably in Bossier. A few people live 20 minutes north of the base a little past Cypress Point Appartments. Their monthly payment is about $1,400 and the houses are real nice, and new.

Prices will be lower on the Shreveport side, but in some areas, not all, you have to worry about shady people and crimes. Not to mention, appartments and houses are generaly rundown in the decent price ranges, and nice places will generaly cost you, from what I have seen so far anyway.

I haven't personaly met any of the F-Body guys off base yet, but judging from the forum there are quite a few. On base though, I've seen about 6 or so other LS1 F-Bodies, LT1's, some GTO's, a few 3rd Gens, and plenty of Mustangs, so you should feel at home.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well looks like we will be on base tomorrow so if ya see this truck its us
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...new-truck.html

I will have to go back to florida in a month to get our stuff and the camaro when we get settled in.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Me and the wife will be moving in bossier city this thursday maybe ill me some people soon look for me

Old 03-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old thread, but I just recently moved to Shreveport about a month ago. Keep your eye out for a pewter FRC with a black stripe on the hood and black wheels!

Where does everyone meet up?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rlncoalctd
Old thread, but I just recently moved to Shreveport about a month ago. Keep your eye out for a pewter FRC with a black stripe on the hood and black wheels!

Where does everyone meet up?
Did I happen to see you in the south Bossier area this weekend? Do you have non-pop up headlights?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah that could have been me!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Hit me up on facebook. Danielcarnley
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 AM
On The Tree

anyone around here possiblly recommend a shop to install a dash on my car?
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
11 Second Club

check us out man. LSX Monsters on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/126212947461468/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shreveport louisiana anyone??