New Orleans Put the greasy talk here...PiMp

checking in from Metairie

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default checking in from Metairie

been lurking around the site for a little while gathering information & finally found an LS1 to swap into my 96 silverado.
i see there's quite a few guys from the metairie & surrounding area. i hoping to start my swap soon. i've been collecting parts & only have a few more things till i'm ready to jump in.

here's a pic of my truck.

it's my daily so i'm hoping & plan for a smooth swap. once it's done i'll have to come out & play, LOL!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

damm ray that thing is finnaly looking good. this is nick cliffs friend pm me if you need some advise
Old 05-07-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not play with the Vortec setup you have? We have had a 2 dr Tahoe run bottom 12s with the old Vortec setup. The only drawback is you are limited by injector. There are some things you can do but there are no aftermarket injectors for the Vortec 5.7

Last edited by 87silverbullet; 05-07-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 02:54 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ls1pwrdss
damm ray that thing is finnaly looking good. this is nick cliffs friend pm me if you need some advise
how's things been going man? i was going to call cliff & see if you were still messing the the LS motors. i'm sure i could use a hand when the time comes to do the swap. give me a call if you have some time, 481-8705.

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Why not play with the Vortec setup you have? We have had a 2 dr Tahoe run bottom 12s with the old Vortec setup. The only drawback is you are limited by injector. There are some things you can do but there are no aftermarket injectors for the Vortec 5.7
i've done a few things to it already, exhaust, black bear tune, intake & a few other minor things. the truck has 136,000 miles on it & i think the injectors are starting to give me trouble. i got a GREAT deal on the complete LS1 package. by time i flipped the donor car the LS1 cost me less then what i would have spent on new upgraded injectors for the vortec & it's not costing me that much to actually do the swap. i'm working trades with a few different companies for motor mounts, harness & tune.
i'm trying to get back out to shows & need something i can rely on. so before i dumped money into the vortec i figured this would be a better route.

Quick Reply: checking in from Metairie