Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any MS4 + Nitrous junkies??

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default any MS4 + Nitrous junkies??

Im gonna be doing a MS4 install here real soon on my SS....Im also thinking about a 75-100 shot ontop of it for a little extra go for when I need it....who is running this setup on a Stock LS1/LS6 motor?? I have a 01 LS6 in my car with currently 6k on it...I want it to be as reliable as it is bone stock...can this be done? Also, what would be better/safer? A wet or a dry shot??

looking for roughly 430rwhp on stock heads off the bottle and over 500rwhp on the juice.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

I run a MS4 with a 150 dry shot, I haven't had any issues other than braking valve springs after 10k miles. The springs were Patriot Gold rated at .650 lift, cam is .649 so they were in a bind. I run Patriot Extremes now .660 lift, no issues so far but I only have 6k miles on them.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone has there own oponion as far as wet VS dry. As far as safety either one can be just as safe as the other if set up properly. I personaly prefer a wet system due to the simplicity of tunning and less hassle. I feel they are more reliable. Someone else may argue different. I have used and tuned many of each style.
For a good non biased tech article to discuss the differences click this link.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92

If you do go dry you will need to upgrade your factory injectors. Wet or Dry I would suggest upgrading the fuel system.

If I can answer any questions you may have let me know.
Dave
Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your bottom end shouldn't have any trouble supporting 430 rwhp NA and 500 rwhp on the juice as long as you have the proper valvetrain upgrades (springs, pushrods, etc.).

As far as wet vs. dry, it's all personal preference -- I first thought I wanted a dry kit, however after doing a good bit of research on the tuning side and the various safety components, I ended up going with a wet kit (and I LOVE it).

Like many things in life, to some extent you get what you pay for with N2O. There are many guys out there running bare bones setups and I'm sure plenty of them get by just fine. Personally, I wanted to allow a much greater margin for potential driver error, so I wrapped my system up with a comprehensive safety setup (WOT switch, window switch, progressive controller, etc.). In hindsight, I'm glad I dropped the cash for a professional install, updated N2O tune and all the safety goodies -- now that it's all put together, it truly is an idiot-proof automatic setup.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

i dont have a ms4 but i do have a torquer 2. and i have the hsw dry plate it a 150. on a mustang dyno n/a it made 390 and thats a 98 100k ls7 clutch and a 9" with 3.90s with the 150 im looking to get 550 on spray on the same mustang dyno and some 130+ trap speeds
Old 10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
12 Second Club

My car responds almost dead on to what the PE table is commanding once I modified the nozzle to spray right at my MAF. It runs within .1 or .2 on my WB, I would think that a dry would be safer because your using the injectors for the fuel. You use the same thing every day you drive your car. A solenoid is more likely to stick and not open every time. I have had 2 do it to me, but since I run dry nothing happen except the car was just slow as *****. But of course there are safety items like a lean shut down switch that will protect you if your fuel solenoid doesn't open but thats just more money to spend on the already more expensive kit. Both wet and dry get the job done. Get on svtperformance and try to pick up some 39lb or 42lb svo injectors for pretty cheap if you go dry.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Im gonna go with a wet kit I believe...

and a WOT and MSD window switch is a must in my eyes...I wouldnt do without it

I have done nitrous installs myself before on previous cars...its easy as ****.

thanks for all the info guys.

What valve springs do you reccommend with the MS4??
Old 10-15-2008, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

ms4 + juice =
i know a guy next town over that has a ms4 on a 200 shot going through a n20 outlet plate, pm airattack on the v6 board, he speaks with him reguarly.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kidcamaro98
Im gonna go with a wet kit I believe...

and a WOT and MSD window switch is a must in my eyes...I wouldnt do without it

I have done nitrous installs myself before on previous cars...its easy as ****.

thanks for all the info guys.

What valve springs do you recommend with the MS4??
Patriot Extremes .660 max lift.... Patrick G suggested them because the ms4 requires a highers seat pressure.

This is from a thread I made when my springs broke.

Originally Posted by Patrick G
I've always recommended a better spring than Patriot Golds when running LSK lobes. I've had some sponsors disagree with my opinion on this and recommend un-shimmed Gold Duals on these cams. To me, that's like playing with a loaded gun. Sometimes you're safe, sometimes not. The cost of failure is high though and to me it justifies getting the upgrade springs (like AFR 8019s, Patriot Extremes, or Comp 921s). Shimming them to within .050" of coil bind will eliminate spring surge and this will help a lot with high rpm valve control.

Quick Reply: any MS4 + Nitrous junkies??