Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

keep blowing fuses.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default keep blowing fuses.

i have a nx wet kit with a heater and a purge. when i change the fuse it seems like the system stays on weather the heater or the purge is on. i can hear the relay click solid. but never hear anything from the silanoid.* when i run it on the road the fuse keeps blowing. it won't hit at all. but with the car not running it doesn't blow. i even directly connected the fuel system pressure sensor and connected the wires to by-pass it. im guessing its grounding out somewhere but where do i start? i also got the purge to spray once or twice and then the fuse blew.
do u think its overloaded because i used the same ground and power wires for the fuel, n2o, and purge? it worked for a while the way it is but now its not.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:54 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by onoiocoko
i have a nx wet kit with a heater and a purge. when i change the fuse it seems like the system stays on weather the heater or the purge is on. i can hear the relay click solid. but never hear anything from the silanoid.* when i run it on the road the fuse keeps blowing. it won't hit at all. but with the car not running it doesn't blow. i even directly connected the fuel system pressure sensor and connected the wires to by-pass it. im guessing its grounding out somewhere but where do i start? i also got the purge to spray once or twice and then the fuse blew.
do u think its overloaded because i used the same ground and power wires for the fuel, n2o, and purge? it worked for a while the way it is but now its not.
Are you pulling the switched 12+ from the same place for all accessories? How is everything wired up?

Nick
Old 10-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Launching!

the positive 12v power is coming straight from the battery. everything has its own switch though.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:10 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

where are you pulling the 12v switched sources from?
Have you verified you don't have any shorts or worn wire shielding.
What size fuse?
You also said the wire is hot. What size is the wire?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:36 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by onoiocoko
the positive 12v power is coming straight from the battery. everything has its own switch though.
Right, that's good that the power is coming from the battery, but what about the switched 12V? Where are you pulling that from? It sounds like a short or overloaded circuit.

Nick
Old 10-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Launching!

i think its about 10 ga. maybe 12. 20 amp fuse. since it was working before, do u think that it is possibly a short that developed. my steel braided fuel line was over my wot switch and that blew the fuse the first time i believe. i have secured everything now and i dont think it can touch.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:55 PM
FormerVendor

Did the line chaffe through the wire coating and short? I would go over everything else...especially wires running along with the hose and going through the firewall or any other body hole.

Nick
Old 10-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

What circuit is the fuse on?
And Nick stated make sure the wire shielding is still in good condition.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM
Launching!

the fuse is right before the battery. so its not gonna say much. ill check the the chaffing. thanks guys.

Quick Reply: keep blowing fuses.