Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks Nitrous Pro Flow for TOOO Much power

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks Nitrous Pro Flow for TOOO Much power

Went to the track yesterday with my 1995 LT1 Camaro.... Occasional street duty. Nitrous pro flow plate system. 383 cubic inch LT1, AFR 227's, single plane, solid roller, shaft rockers, TH400 and a Moser 9"......

Had a match race with a 408 ci LQ9 iron block LS1 with an NX direct port system. He has ETP All pro heads, beck sheetmetal intake... seriously beautiful piece...... Unfortunately I lost the race but not for any lack of power. I had to save the car instead of trying to win 500 bucks....

We posted a 6.06 1/8 mile and I shut the car down at 800', got on the brakes hard and ran a 9.54@130 earlier in the night shaking the car down for the match race..... And the tune was very conservative on this pass. My tuner told me full bore and with less delay that the car is capable of 5.80's......

Made some timing adjustments and went out there for the grudge and then this happened....

http://salinasracing.com/videos/rast...e101808-HD.wmv

39MB download on a very fast server.... and it's in HD as well.....

This is also with limiters on the car set to allow like 3" of travel...... car is MAKING some serious power..... going to look into some more adjustments and possibly a switch to a powerglide to avoid the antics on the line..... Thanks Nitrous Pro Flow and to Madman once again for the SYA bars..... It barely touched the header collectors, just a few dings, but did a nice job bending the madman rack which I think can be fixed... and the SYA bars were completely destroyed in the fray. I need to get the front wheels spun to make sure they aren't bent..... I lost 500 bucks but saved my 50,000 racecar.....
Old 10-19-2008, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

what did you damage?? front wheels didn't look to good when they hit the ground
Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Damn dude, hope ya didn't do too much damage, would like to have seen what she would've done if she didn't reach for the sky!!!!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:19 PM
9 Second Club

steering rack is bent at an "odd" angle..... sya bars are "SY-completely fucked up bars..."....

slight road rash to oil pan, trans pan, rear bumper, fuel pump mounted forward of rear bumper.... **** in SFI pants..... other than that she's good..... gonna get the wheels spun to make sure they are still true...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

and to think I have a friend that wants to put his car on the bumper............hope it doesn't turn out to be to bad to fix.

Congrats on the new best.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
9 Second Club

and to think I have a friend that wants to put his car on the bumper............hope it doesn't turn out to be to bad to fix.
ha.... tell him it's cool to do ONCE.... I did it at Pinks All Out and didn't hurt a thing cause i shifted at the exact right time... I got lucky... this time not so lucky.... it's overrated that's for sure.... i do say however that your car becomes pretty infamous for all the wrong reasons tho.... i've noticed since pinks all out that when my car pulls to the line ****'s are running from the pits and staging lanes to get against the fence....leaving their kids behind and shiet... pretty funny....

Congrats on the new best
Thanks man. looking back i shoulda just stayed in it.... probably would have gone 9.3....
Old 10-21-2008, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, with wheelie bars u could have beat that guys HANDS DOWN....

NICE NICE NICE RUNS !!!!! G/L WITH REPAIRS
Old 10-21-2008, 02:55 PM
9 Second Club

yeah i narrowly treed him.... .024 to a .035 i think......

my car 60' a bit better.... 1.47 on the back tires to his 1.39 i think..... a 1.47 on the rears is a 1.37ish on the fronts.... I just put the tires so hard into the ground that it went up too high.... we're gonna do round 2 in the future....
Old 10-21-2008, 04:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

Strap the front end down tight!!! You probly dont need anymore that 1 inch of up travel. Here are two videos of our turbo car the only difference in the two runs is about 1/2 inch in travel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTe1yuafPso

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLl_GbEQU1U
Old 10-21-2008, 04:53 PM
9 Second Club

Strap the front end down tight!!! You probly dont need anymore that 1 inch of up travel. Here are two videos of our turbo car the only difference in the two runs is about 1/2 inch in travel
That's our next step that we talked about. We're going to to put the limiters on the bottom hole of the strap (tightest setting) and test.... if it blows the tires off we'll go down one hole.... we already have the lmiters on there so it's free for us to do that.... we're also talking about the intersect point of my current torque arm.... the front of my torque arm is fixed... i have been waiting to bend it b4 i buy a different one....

Oh BTW, since it was crazy after LSxshootout congrats on your win down there guys. I had posted but there was a billion people posting. You guys really took care of business... Tell Steven I said what's up and congrats. Did the car go back to Qatar???? I'm sure the owners were pleased????
Old 10-21-2008, 04:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor / 7 Second Club

The owners are very pleased. It is going to the paint shop right now so she looks pretty for its debute. I don'tknow what torque arm you are using but if it isn't MADMAN's then you need to get his on your car.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by GoldRust
I don'tknow what torque arm you are using but if it isn't MADMAN's then you need to get his on your car.

You mean there is more than one
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

hahahaha i have a spohn that i've been TRYING to bend before i pony up the cash for madmans'.....

might need to just pull it and sell it before it bends...