Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default opinions on my plug readings

stock 6.0 with cam and 100 shot.
a/f solid 11.40
autolite 103(eq. to tr6) gapped .032
new setup with only 4 passes. one side of the plug is yellow, almost the color of a glow stick. the other side is metaliic grey in color. there are no pits in the color. it is solid grey.
the strap looks very good. nice gold in color, turning black past the bend. looks like i could go with more timing, as the mark is before the bend of the plug(towards threads)
any opinions or advice? im not sure if this is jam up or ready to blow up.
using 116 sunoco fuel. is that the cause of the yellow on one side of the plug, or am i in danger?
big thanks!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 AM
9 Second Club

looks pretty good to me, u could probably use a little more timing but its your call
Old 10-25-2008, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Put a fresh one in and make a pass trunr the car off at the trapds and pull it out post that pick.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cut the threads off so we can see down at the bottom of the porcelin, do the same next time and like Shiz said...turn the car OFF once you slow down safely and pull the plug before it idles, etc. cut those threads off too and post pics..

My guess is that 11.40:1 is a bit rich with a 100 shot added to a good running engine. Also...on top of being rich, the 116 octane may be a bit too much for the combo. Last time I seen yellow on my plugs was with a similar situation. I am only 11:5:1 compression and it was 11:5:1 A/F ratio I was pulling more than the reccomended timing and I also ran C16 which was probably overkill...Oh and I had colder than reccomended plugs!!...I think the color is from innefficient combustion.

Too rich/Too much octane leaves color...both yellow and dark/sootyness...

My .02...haha thanks for posting the pic!