Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Install there own direct port?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone Install there own direct port?

I just got my cold fusion kit in the mail today, but from the looks of it i'm confused... I know it can't be that hard to get everything together and on the car, but I have some questions about the drilling and tapping of the manifold.. I have a fast 90/90 and do you just drill right into those 8 flat spots and then tap them with a tap? or do you use nuts to hold the nozzles in? I also wanted to run braided lines instead of all the hard lines that came with the kit, i'm sure someone has done this, but I would like to know what would be needed? just the lines from a vendor or certain fittings? Also is it best to run a dp kit with its own fuel system, or will it be ok just running it off the fuel rail? If anyone has some pics it would help me out also... So thanks in advance for the help!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get in touch with HSW and they will get you the lines that you need. As far as the install, it's pretty simple. Just keep the drill straight and use a new, sharp bit and you'll be fine.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Emoney97ss
I just got my cold fusion kit in the mail today, but from the looks of it i'm confused... I know it can't be that hard to get everything together and on the car, but I have some questions about the drilling and tapping of the manifold.. I have a fast 90/90 and do you just drill right into those 8 flat spots and then tap them with a tap? or do you use nuts to hold the nozzles in? I also wanted to run braided lines instead of all the hard lines that came with the kit, i'm sure someone has done this, but I would like to know what would be needed? just the lines from a vendor or certain fittings? Also is it best to run a dp kit with its own fuel system, or will it be ok just running it off the fuel rail? If anyone has some pics it would help me out also... So thanks in advance for the help!!!
Yes drill and tap, don't use a nut unless its a nutsert installed into the manifold. Be careful not to cut the threads too deep with the tap. You can run the braided lines if you want to, you'll just have to support the solenoids with some brackets. If you feel overwhelmed please by all means just ask. Thanks.

Nick
Old 10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
Yes drill and tap, don't use a nut unless its a nutsert installed into the manifold. Be careful not to cut the threads too deep with the tap. You can run the braided lines if you want to, you'll just have to support the solenoids with some brackets. If you feel overwhelmed please by all means just ask. Thanks.

Nick
Thanks I think i'm going to try and use all these hard lines that i have first and if that don't work then buy all the other stuff... do you know what size drill bit and tap to use a fast 90?

Quick Reply: Anyone Install there own direct port?