Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help reading my spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need some help reading my spark plugs

I had a nitrous backfire a few weeks ago at the track. The car sprayed a bit too low and bogged. Otherwise it runs and pull nicely on the spray (100 shot). I've been looking over the car and decided to pull a plug.

I know the car runs rich on the juice but I just wanted to get some opinions from people that know how to read these things. I do want to note that these plugs have been in the car for a while and the car was sitting for a few weeks before I just pulled it.

Old 11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't really read the plugs for nitrous if you've been driving around for awhile. The best thing to do is put a fresh set in, make a pass down the track, and shut it off as soon as possible and pull the plugs. Its really hard to tell anything from those pic, on the second pics what is that chunk, is it carbon build up or is it a piece of alunimum?
Old 11-05-2008, 06:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by built408
You can't really read the plugs for nitrous if you've been driving around for awhile. The best thing to do is put a fresh set in, make a pass down the track, and shut it off as soon as possible and pull the plugs. Its really hard to tell anything from those pic, on the second pics what is that chunk, is it carbon build up or is it a piece of alunimum?
Thanks for taking a look. That was carbon build-up...I got a bit worried when I saw it.

I'll throw in a fresh set (easier said than done lol) and make a pass.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:22 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any update?
hard to tell by the pic but it looks like a fresh coat of oil on the strap, and oil build up on the base of the threads.
could be a valve seal or worn rings, or you might have hurt something.
still drivable?