Sponsored by:

Progressive Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Progressive Kit???

Hey guys,

New to the board and don't even have a car yet but I'm wanting to learn as much as I can.

Not new to the forums, been modding my truck for a long time. www.forddieselpower.com

anyway, who is running a progressive kit? I want to do a 150 wet shot when I get my car.

Wouldn't a progressive be easier on the engine and easier to tune?

As of now I'm thinking of the HSW wet kit with their micro controller, but if there's a better kit out there that will do a progressive shot, please point me to it.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can run a straight 150 shot on your motor as long as you have the right tune and all the safty stuff..i.e. FPSS, bottle heater, plugs, etc, as for the progressive unit, I'm using a NOS MINI and plan to really use it when I go with my 200 shot. Basically a progessive controller is good for two things, it's an easier hit on the motor, not a big torque spike in the beginning and/or helping with hooking up, if you can't hook up for example you can either break the shot up in two stages or use a progressive controller to slowly ramp the shot up in %.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

The thing to remember about a progressive is they are not HP controlling device, they are a traction control device.

If the kit is jetted for 150 HP and you set a progressive to 50% this means you are spraying a 150 shot 50% of the time.

Progressives works by pulsing the solenoids open/closed.....most are set to pulse the solenoids a max of 15 times per second.

As far as tuning....you will not "tune" the car while progressing. When the solenoids are pulsing this can cause fluctuation in the A/F ratio as the solenoids can have slightly different response times. The difference in pressure between the nitrous and fuel can also cause variation.