Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who is shooting what with this setup???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is shooting what with this setup???

the mods are in my signature and i was wondering what is the most that you have shot with an in tank walbro 255lph with stock fuel lines and rails. i was wondering if there was a need to run a stand alone fuel system to be able to keep up. the kit i have is the TNT F2 kit. i have another kit from coldfusion nitrous already installed and would not mind shooting two stages to see what its like. so far as safety i have the harris speedworks micro edge which is capable of activating two stages and watching everything else i will also have my wideband hooked up to the microedge as well. its the LC-1 from innovative motorsports. any input with your setup or experience would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

a 255 is only good up to around 500whp without a hot wire kit.....with the hot wire that pump is usually good up to 6-650 or so. But as with any fuel system you will need to verify that you are maintaining pressure during a pull.

Flow capacity is also dependent on the current output of your electrical system....as voltage drop/increases you will be changing the output of the pump.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:07 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by th41427
the mods are in my signature and i was wondering what is the most that you have shot with an in tank walbro 255lph with stock fuel lines and rails. i was wondering if there was a need to run a stand alone fuel system to be able to keep up. the kit i have is the TNT F2 kit. i have another kit from coldfusion nitrous already installed and would not mind shooting two stages to see what its like. so far as safety i have the harris speedworks micro edge which is capable of activating two stages and watching everything else i will also have my wideband hooked up to the microedge as well. its the LC-1 from innovative motorsports. any input with your setup or experience would be appreciated. thanks in advance.
What size shots are you looking to run and what's it making on motor right now?

Nick
Old 11-20-2008, 06:00 AM
Staging Lane

Default just guessing

With my set up with the heads and cam that i have i should be making (per TSP) around 410-440 to the rear. i know i want to shoot at least a 100 shot on one stage and maybe another 150 or so on the other stage if possible. my rings are already gapped for a 150 shot. the plugs i have in now are the tr-55 which i can change if need be thats no problem. and so far as the timing i have access to the software to pull as much as i need so thats no real problem either. thanks for the inputs please let me know what yall think.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 AM
FormerVendor

With my set up with the heads and cam that i have i should be making (per TSP) around 410-440 to the rear. i know i want to shoot at least a 100 shot on one stage and maybe another 150 or so on the other stage if possible. my rings are already gapped for a 150 shot. the plugs i have in now are the tr-55 which i can change if need be thats no problem. and so far as the timing i have access to the software to pull as much as i need so thats no real problem either. thanks for the inputs please let me know what yall think.
For me personally that's quite a bit going through the front of the intake. You're going to have to keep a very good eye on things. Get rid of the TR-55's...hopefully you weren't already spraying with them. With that large of a shot start with a heat range 8 and verify all of the cylinders look good. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks.

Nick
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Default what plugs

well i knew i would probably have to change the plugs, but what should i go with? so you think a stand alone system will be the safest to do? if so do you have any complete kits that you sell to mount up front under the hood? i still have to hook my other kit up, and also the micro edge but i am just trying to get my ducks in a row before i do something stupid because i definitly dont want to hurt a perfectly good motor. thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know very little about nitrous, although I'm trying to learn. It sounds like you want to do it right the first time. I would run a stand alone with the right fuel to make it safe, along with the right plugs and timing. Maybe a 75rw on the first shot and another 125rw on the second? See how traction goes and take it from there.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

well i knew i would probably have to change the plugs, but what should i go with? so you think a stand alone system will be the safest to do? if so do you have any complete kits that you sell to mount up front under the hood? i still have to hook my other kit up, and also the micro edge but i am just trying to get my ducks in a row before i do something stupid because i definitly dont want to hurt a perfectly good motor. thanks
I would start with these plugs and see how they look after a pull: 1049 is the stock number. Unfortunately it isn't a resisted plug, but it does have a nice firing tip. If you notice any electrical feedback on the plugs try giving the denso IT24 a try.

Yes, we offer a stand alone for your application. Just take a look on the left side of the webpage.

Anything else please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Nick